Will we have identity type effects in Net Runner?

By Marinealver, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

So far the Identity type on the ID cards for both Corp and Runner is only flavor text. Right now nothing is separating a Natural from a G-mod any more than anything separates a Division from a Megacorp. So taking a look at this untapped designed space whay nto have cards that have affects that differ based on identy types. Say a card that has a diffrent effect on a division then it would on a megacorp or corp.

So far here are the Three corp identity types.

• Megacorp
  • Corp
  • Division

And here are the Six Runner Types

• Natural
  • Cyborg
  • G-mod
  • Clone
  • Bioroid
  • Digital

So how about a Jenteki card that targets genetics, G-mods or Clones or a Hass Bioroid card that targets Cybernetics, Cyborgs, or Bioroids? . Or an Anarch card that causes a Division or Corp to take Bad Pub while a Megacorp has to trash cards in a remote server instead? Sounds like the design space is there.

I've wondered the same thing. I've imagined cards that have a discount or reduced influence cost based on the ID type - maybe a Hardware: Cybernetic that gets a reduced install cost or reduced influence value for a Cyborg Runner.

It's a fun idea, but the problem you'll encounter with that is that the ID subtypes have never been anything but flavor. So you'd have to balance those card designs against IDs that were never envisioned to get buffs from that direction.

It's a fun idea, but the problem you'll encounter with that is that the ID subtypes have never been anything but flavor. So you'd have to balance those card designs against IDs that were never envisioned to get buffs from that direction.

I agree but you can spread effects to more than just ID subtypes to include things like Genetics and Cybernitic resources. Such example

• trace 5 If successful may trash 1 genetic resource - or - do 2 net damage to G-mod or Clone ID types.

That could make an operation or ICE subroutine more than just a Noise hate card.