Big Box Expansion?

By jeffsbs, in Elder Sign

With the third small expansion coming soon and the original box already too cramped for everything, are there any plans to release a big box expansion so we can consolidate everything together? With Gates of Arkham I have no room to put any of the new cards in the game box that already contains the base plus Unseen Forces.

Since GoA was mostlyna component swap I'm happy to leave it in its own box. OoI is going to be the same deal. There's almost a temptation to just get a new base and have a base for the expansion.

Elder Sign belongs to FFG SilverLine collection of games: none of these games has ever had a big box expansion (and the great majority of them had no expansions at all), so, I don't see this coming

Elder Sign strikes me as a game that does not warrant a "big-box" expansion. I've already resigned to the fate of using a Plano box in addition to the game box. If you have leftover empty big boxes for e.g. Arkham Horror, I recommend using those.

I had bought second expansion with FFG sleeves recently and it took me some time to fit all components in boxes. FFG's sleeves are in my opinion the best but cards need twice as much space and the box simply doesn't want to stretch. I'm excited that new expasion is on the way but I'm also concerned with the space problem because oryginal boxes are so cool and it would be pity to store some components in a different way. I think this is an issue that FFG should be aware of. Please tell me what dou you think.

Edited by Oldster

I'm excited that new expasion is on the way but I'm also concerned with the space problem because oryginal boxes are so cool and it would be pity to store some components in a different way.

Then why would you store the components in a different way?

I think this is an issue that FFG should be aware of.

I think that FFG is well aware of the issue, and it may be one of the reasons to sell each expansion in a box - so the players can store all these cards somewhere.

tsuma534 If you put all Gates of Arkham cards into original FFG sleeves you won't be able to put them back into the box. They simply won't fit. I have put some cards from the Gates and Unseen Forces into Elder Sign box and it will be very hard to put something more. The new expansion will reqire two tarot size sleeve packs so I already know that I won't be able to fit everything in original boxes.

I'm excited that new expasion is on the way but I'm also concerned with the space problem because oryginal boxes are so cool and it would be pity to store some components in a different way.

Then why would you store the components in a different way?

I think this is an issue that FFG should be aware of.

I think that FFG is well aware of the issue, and it may be one of the reasons to sell each expansion in a box - so the players can store all these cards somewhere.

I have both the base and Unseen Forces sleeved with a small plastic tackle box for all of the bits and that barely fits in the original box. GoA doesn't fit at all even in its own box with all of the cards in sleeves and the new one will have the same problem. Maybe FFG should just give us bigger boxes with the expansions so we can fit all of the sleeved cards inside them.

tsuma534 If you put all Gates of Arkham cards into original FFG sleeves you won't be able to put them back into the box. They simply won't fit. I have put some cards from the Gates and Unseen Forces into Elder Sign box and it will be very hard to put something more. The new expansion will reqire two tarot size sleeve packs so I already know that I won't be able to fit everything in original boxes.

Oh. Sorry, sometimes I have trouble connecting the dots. I forgot that Elder Sign can also be sleeved.

Although my Unseen Forces box is empty. I suppose it should accomodate for the extra space needed by the sleeves. But it will be a long time until I can check it out.