Re-Playability?

By Hawknight, in Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation

How does this work with being able to play again? there are only 2 players, i guess i havent done that many 2 player only games...

The deluxe edition of the game has tremendous replayability, as players can secretly their draft pieces from both variant and base sets before starting to customize their armies. I've played the game probably 50 times, and I still find it fun to play.

I think that just the classic one has a lot of replayability.

The variant makes the Free-Peoples too powerful, imo.

The Deluxe edition also adds a lot of possibilities with the Special cards, if you only use a certain amount every game instead of all 4.

I think the standard game has great replayability too as there are many ways to tackle problems in the game. It doesn't feel stale even if there are some common tactics involved (how to protect pieces).

I mainly play the standard game and agree that it has high variability - even with the associated metagame if playing with the same person (i.e. he usally does this, so I'll do that)

In addition, we occassionally mix it up with a random draft across standard and variant characters - it won't always seem balanced this way but its fun trying them out.

After dozens of plays with the classic set-up, my friend and I started playing a blind, random draft-type game. The pieces are unknown to the opponent until revealed. It makes it a little chaotic, but a lot of fun.

this is a-all-around fun game! aplauso.gif

I felt the more familiar I got with each of the characters and thier abilities the better the game got. I played the classic game many times before I even wanted to try the variant. To me this game is highly replayable.

I just got this for Christmas, and one of my favorite parts of it is that it should be immensely replayable. Between the variant and the special cards, there are several different ways to play and once you and your opponent know the game well, I imagine that will just lead to deeper strategies including more bluffing.

sounds like a great game , i'm tempted .

As others have said, the game is extremely replayable. We haven't really moved to playing draft games; we're still enjoying the variant pieces.

It's good clean fun. I definitely think part of the appeal lies in the quickness of the games. I like the many-hour slugfests for boardgames as much as anyone, but a change of pace is good, and being able to squeeze in a few rounds is nice.