Bow and Crossbow ammo

By Oridaellin, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Dark Heresy runs its ammo acquisitions in accordance to the clip size of the weapon that fires it.

Generally speaking, this is okay, you start with two clips for any weapon you have at character creation, and you receive 2 clips + DoS on a requisition test. Which is very reasonable.

I mean, unless you're using a bow or a crossbow. Then you're screwed. Start the game with only two arrows? lovely!

Am I interpreting this right? If I am I'm just going to house rule the ammo to be acquired by the dozen.

Thanks!

I do it by fives per degree of success, myself.

House rule the ammo. It's the same for the flintlock rifle. The idea is good for modern weapons, but they didn't think much about older ones.

This is covered on page 3 of the FAQ. Basically you get 12 from a requisition test and 6 more per degree of success after the first. It also clarifies that 6 arrows/bolts are considered a clip for weight purposes as well. So a starting character with a bow or crossbow should start with 12 with 12 more for each acquisition they use on arrows.

This is covered on page 3 of the FAQ. Basically you get 12 from a requisition test and 6 more per degree of success after the first. It also clarifies that 6 arrows/bolts are considered a clip for weight purposes as well. So a starting character with a bow or crossbow should start with 12 with 12 more for each acquisition they use on arrows.

Excellent. I'll have to point this out to my DM. I am about to start the game with a musket and arquebus and I thought that 4 bullets would be a bit pathetic.

Edit: Ah, except they mention bows and crossbows specifically, not necessarily single-shot weapons... But I'm sure I can convince him.

Edited by Flail-Bot