Regarding Character Management Apps

By Khain, in Dark Heresy General Discussion

Since an official app has been created I was wondering what the policy is regarding character management apps. I have been using the oggdude app for Star Wars and love it.

Now we are planning to restart our DH campaign and convert them to the 2nd edition. Me and a couple of mates opened up visual studio and started writing (afterwards we noticed there was already a good app available on iOS and Android, but most of the time we use windows devices) a windows universal app. If all goes according to plan, the app should turn on all windows 10 devices (we are testing on a Surface Pro as the main device so I can't vouch for that at this time.

I'm still planning to finish the app, even if it is for use within the group, but I was wondering if it was allowed by FFG to make it available to the community.

And if so,

Can I included the talent descriptions, auto talent calculations, weapon, amor and item lists? Or do I need to leave them empty so everybody needs to fill them out for themselves? Is it allowed to use aquila's, logo's and other things inherit to the world, as long as you make it available for free, or not at all?

We love to help others out, but prefer to do so while not getting sued ;-)

Anyone any idea?

Regards,

Khain

I'd contact FFG directly through email for questions like that.

Let us know how it went. :)

Isn't there someone we could bribe? LOL

Thx for the replies,

Ill send them a mail tomorrow and keep you guys posted.

Well no response yet, could be a good or a bad sign.

At this time I entered all the skills and homeworlds, about 25% of the talents, and 25% of the weapons in the app. The basic framework how it is all connected together is finished too. So for the moment a good deal of data entry to go and then the gui.

Grts,

Khain

What will you do though in case you will get no response at all?

Edited by Gridash

I'd roll initiative if you'd ask me?! lol

Well I will remove the artwork, and put references to the books in the description instead of the description from the books.

And make it available like that. Seems like a good middle ground.

Totally!

Hey, you end up hearing back? Or finished the app?