Silly Newbie question

By abrilt, in Star Wars: The Card Game

To all-

I just recently started to play this game with my son and we are having lots of fun with it.

I just picked up a couple of the Force Packs and I noticed that there are duplicates of some of the objective sets - is this normal? Struck me as odd as one player is DS and the other is LS.

Thoughts?

Remember I am new to this game

Todd

To all-

I just recently started to play this game with my son and we are having lots of fun with it.

I just picked up a couple of the Force Packs and I noticed that there are duplicates of some of the objective sets - is this normal? Struck me as odd as one player is DS and the other is LS.

Thoughts?

Todd

You can have two of most objective sets per deck

To all-

Thoughts?

Todd

We were all new at on point. As mentioned above its is a "normal" occurrence that there's two copies of the objectives. Only a few objectives are limited and those are labeled "Limit 1 per deck". You are allowed to include up to two copies of the other "non-limited" objectives. Choosing to do so will increase your chance of drawing a desired card (objective or to your hand) and by including two copies in the packs you're not forced to buy two packs for this.

However if you want to do the same for most of the objective sets in the Core set and the first couple of de luxe expansions you will need to buy two copies of those and this will give you a couple of redundant objective sets. But I do believe that FFG now includes "double up" in all the newer expansions.

To elaborate: the only products that "require" a 2nd copy (in order to have full deck building freedom, not to play the game and have fun) are the core set and the first deluxe expansion, Edge of Darkness. Every other deluxe set and every force pack comes with full play sets of each objective set.

To elaborate: the only products that "require" a 2nd copy (in order to have full deck building freedom, not to play the game and have fun) are the core set and the first deluxe expansion, Edge of Darkness. Every other deluxe set and every force pack comes with full play sets of each objective set.

Thx for the elaborating comment. I couldn't remember if Balance of the Force included two sets of the non-limited objectives or not

All of the objective sets in Balance of the Force are limit 1 per deck. So while it does only include 1 copy of each, that's the maximum you need. :)