Discard Piles

By Bludgeon, in Talisman Rules Questions

Do various adventure decks (adventure, city, highland, woodland, dungeon) have their separate dicard piles? I always played that they do but the question came up yesterday and I couldn't find anything in the rules that would suggest one way or another. The only mention is that spell deck has its own discard pile, but nothing about expansion adventure decks.

I would certainly be interesting if there was only 1 discard pile for all adventure cards. Opinions?

I think they do. There are cards that work with specific decks' discard piles.

Are there cards that refer to discard piles other than adventure or spell ones?

Edited by Bludgeon

Each deck has its own discard pile.

Each deck has its own discard pile.

Did you know that all trophies are discarded into the adventure deck discard pile though?

Are there cards that refer to discard piles other than adventure or spell ones?

http://www.talismanwiki.com/Undead_Hordes

Thanks! This pretty much explains how discard piles work, or at least how game creators see them working. Separate discard piles after all.

That is just too much of a mess for clean up. Regardless of what the technicalities are, in my games, each deck is getting its own discard pile. I prefer to be able to clean up in 30 mins or less. :D

Edited by chemical22

I think Bludgeon wanted a "ruling" wriiten the rules that says about the discard piles and where all the cards go? looking in the basic rules and there isn't much there? neither in the other rules. Its implied many times but there isn't a clear written rule as I see?