Creature Pictures/Sound for use in a campaign (FG)

By DurakBlackaxe, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Has anyone found a good site for warhammer pictures to use in Fantasy Grounds to depict characters, mutants, monsters etc. Takes me hours just to find one picture.

I did once find a online soundboard but I lost its address. Have to work out how to link sounds to TS or Discord.

Pinterest is a good source:

https://www.pinterest.com/bladerunner35/warhammer-fantasy-roleplay/

As well as above try a selection of keywords in search like CHARACTERS, RPG, NPC, TOWNFOLK etc

As is Deviantart:

http://www.deviantart.com/browse/all/?section=&global=1&q=rpg

I find the trick is when searching just grab a bunch of images that interest you to be used later rather than just the characters you're after.

Regarding sounds some friends of mine like to use Syrinscape. But I prefer Ambient Sounds. The most recent episodes of my podcast use a selection of sounds from Ambient Sounds. It's also very easy to create and mix your own sounds on there.

Edited by Noelyuk

I heard your background sound. Apart from that annoying sandpaper type sound, I quite enjoyed it.

My search skills are terrible. I remember the rold 1st Ed artwork being more popular for showing mutants, but seemingly not online.

I will try those sites.

Thanks

Pinterest is very good. I did a mutant fantasy search and found some of the images I was seeking

I heard your background sound. Apart from that annoying sandpaper type sound, I quite enjoyed it.

I'm not even sure which 'annoying sandpaper sound' you're referring to. Probably a blacksmith sharpening tools at the Schaffenfest. I think that's part of the problem with sound effects. They're a bit like marmite. You either love them or you hate them. I spent ages to mix just the right sounds and get the mix right. Too loud and they swamp the action. Too quiet and you may as well not have any. In the end I ditched them after using them in no more than 2 or 3 episodes.

As for mutants also be prepared to cut your cloth accordingly. Reinvent your mutants based on those you can find images for rather than endlessly searching for a speecific image. In my campaign for example in Episode 2 the mutants are all completely different than the ones listed in the original adventure. Cloven Feet mutant, Pointy head mutant etc ended up as creatures for whom I found cool (and in the opinion of my players downright creepy) images. I found the images of the mutants in original TEW a little cartoonlike for my tastes.

I'd love to have shared the images I used on the podcast website but respect for the original artists prevents me from doing so.

Edited by Noelyuk