Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader: the same rules are the same rules?

By The Laughing God, in Dark Heresy

Maybe we should make a list of sneaky rules differences. So far, been mentioned are:

- bulging biceps Talent

- Righteous Fury

- shooting a prone target

A comparable thread on the rules differences between Rogue Trader and Dark Heresy is being run on the Rogue Trader forums.

I really wish there would come a pdf where all the differences are listed in an organized way serio.gif

Add to that the extended grapple rules as well (although I think that's been mentioned on the rogue trader list already).

I think given how small the changes are pretty the systems, that the intent must be that they will be the same eventually (hopefully with an DH errata to back it up). It certainly how I plan to run my games.

Several of the Talents have been revised in Rogue Trader, and for the most part I have adopted the revised versions in RT as if they were DH eratta. Simply put, they fixed several flaws.

Hip shooting now allows for pistols AND basic weapons. Kinda makes sense, since the very name is derived from a rushed use of a rifle while running.

Jaded now makes the character immune from taking fear tests against things that they are immune from suffering insanity points from. No more of the "So yeah, I was so terrified that I crapped out a kidney, but I am totally fine now."

Lots and lots of nice updates along those lines. Some of the more irksome phrasing has been clarified as well. JOY!

So far I have stamped "Chapter Approved" on allowing Arbitrators, Assassins and Guardsmen who spend a suitable amount of time training to learn "Unarmed Warrior" talent for 300xp as an Elite Advance. I also signed off on the group's Techpriest buying level 1 of the Machine trait for 500xp since Explorators can buy it as part of their advancement tree. Some of the gear in RT is slowly being introduced to my game as the team encounters it or in a few cases get their covetous hands on it. Did "the impossible" on a difficult mission? Here, have a cookie! Inquisitor Skane is pretty fair to agents that perform well, but she IS an ex-Arbitrator that was hardcore enough to make full Inquisitorial status... She still habitually carries an Arbites shotgun and shockmaul and has a Judge's contempt for groxcrap.