"A game of thrones" plot card question

By markko2, in Rules Questions

Hello there.

I am new to this game and i have a question about A game of thrones plot card.

Text on card: A player cannot initiate 'military' or 'power' challenge unless he or she has won an 'intrigue' challenge.

My question is: Which player? Me? Or all other players? Or just players who attack me?

Lets say that 4 players are playing the game. Player 1 plays that plot card. What that means now? That all other players who want to attack player 1 need to win intrigue challenge first? Or what?

I am little confused.. :)

It applies to all players - as all constant/continuous plots do unless they say otherwise. In this case, a player must win an intrigue challenge before initiating any other - it doesn't have to be against the player who revealed it though. Contrast it with Sneak Attack (You cannot initiate) or A Noble Cause (you marshal) which applies only to the controller of the card.

Edited by -Istaril

Note that the above explanation is true for continuous effect plots only.

Triggered effect plots (most commonly, the ones that start with "When Revealed") apply only to the player who triggers the effect -- unless it says otherwise.

For example, the plot Confiscation says, " When Revealed : Choose an attachment, and discard it from play." When this plot is triggered, only the player who triggers is (i.e., the player who revealed the plot) will be allowed to choose and discard an attachment.

Oh, I see.

Thank you very much for both quick answers. Now i understand how to use this plot. :)