Collection complete.

By Crazy Aido, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Just received my copy of Grey Order Magic. So, as far as I can see, that's it. I've ordered ALL the currently available card based material. I don't have the Guides. which I might consider purchasing in the future, but I kinda consider my collection essentially complete now.

Now all I need is someone to play with...

I know how you feel :(

If there were someone in Europe thinking of running a game... Just saying... Wink wink, nudge nudge...

Well, I am in Europe :P But I am kinda far from Ireland :P

There are ways to play when not in the same country. Fantasy Ground 2 is one.

I am in the same boat in terms of a local gaming club, there is no gaming community in my area.. I think there is only 3 in the country. 2 of these are in our main city.

Luckily I applied to an advertisement for a gamer on these forums and have been playing with that group for a couple of years. But we play on Thursdays when we are all available, and I think that day did not suite Crazy Aido. Christmas and Summer are hard times to work around.

I have to use the internet for my RP needs.

I really don't like to use the internet for roleplaying, I tried it a few times and they weren't great experiences.

Well that's what I've been trying to do for the last while, but other european gamers seem to be a little hard to coordinate. Slightly easier than trying to coordinate with someone eight hours away though.

The group Durak is playing with seems very good, I only wish I were available when they started. I did introduce a new player to them. So I'm still a nice guy.

fantasy grounds is fantastic, but again it comes down to finding someone willing to run a game...

I have tried to play RPG online some, has not been as good as actually playing around a table (and I have a stable group of players close by). But I am in europe, Sweden to be exact, so that's only one hour time difference I think. I would probably be up for a one-shot or a shorter adventure using skype and fantasy grounds. I am the GM in my group however, so I'd probably be more interested in beeing a player.

EDIT: Congratulations on completing the collection! I like the vaults and guides, the hardcovers have saves some time when looking for rules, and the vaults were great for extra standups etc. Also, the players use the Vault boxes for their characters.

Edited by k7e9

Once my copy of Adventurer's Toolkit comes in that some of my players ordered me for Christmas, my collection will be complete apart from the small box Cardsets of which I have none. How are they in terms of your play? Looking at them I feel like I'm okay with missing out on them as they don't add anything more than a small injection to the game.

My collection has been complete for a while, but I stopped running WFRP3 as the overhead of handling the cards was too much for me.

Once my copy of Adventurer's Toolkit comes in that some of my players ordered me for Christmas, my collection will be complete apart from the small box Cardsets of which I have none. How are they in terms of your play? Looking at them I feel like I'm okay with missing out on them as they don't add anything more than a small injection to the game.

If you have a Wizard or Priest from the right order the PODs make a good addition to the game. But if not you can skip them. I got them to have a complete collection, but players that have played wizards/priests of the correct orders/faiths have appreciated that there are more spells/blessings to choose from.

The necromancer POD is also great, adding a few non-evil actions and a new career (grave warden) is nice.

The Dreadfleet POD feels out of place, haven't used anything from that set except some of the location cards a couple of times.

So if a player wishes to be a wizard/priest of a specific order/faith you could consider the POD for that order/faith. Otherwise the PODs doesn't add that much to the game.

I just saw the Pod Faith of Morr and Grey Magic. I have to check my stock to see if I bought those 2. I remember buying the Grave one.

Seems I did. *sigh*

Got excited for a few hours

Edited by DurakBlackaxe

Congrats on finishing the collection! Was there a reprint of the Adventurer's Toolkit?

I think I have everything, but I may be missing one or two of the POD sets...will have to double check. I'm a little OCD...I sleeved every card, large AND small in FFG card sleeves, have all of the tokens and cards organized in a big Stanley organizer (like this one: http://amzn.com/B00005QWYF ).

I haven't played an RPG over Skype before, I happen to be one of the lucky ones with players relatively nearby. One suggestion I have (as this has worked for me) is to visit a local game convention (or a game store) and offer to run a game. Other locals come out of the woodwork, and you can recruit for your own regular home games. Local libraries usually have community rooms that you can reserve as well, if no one has the space to accommodate a regular game (or you aren't comfortable enough with new players to invite them into your home). I ran the Edge of the Empire beginner box game at PolyCon two years back and one of the guys that signed up for my game ended up living a couple of towns over and was looking for a regular gaming group. Now he and his 17 yr old son are both in my RPG group, along with a university student and the guy I carpool to work with!

Edited by Brother Bart

Thanks for the advice. The issue is that when going looking for others to run the game, I am VERY protective of all my beloved WFRP stuff. So, I get very edgy at the thought of loaning it out. As any reasonable person would, given how long I've spent putting it together. I usually don't have too much of an issue in getting people together. Sometimes. Sorta. But if I want to be the player, it is online I sort of have to look. but thanks for chipping in.

I'm mostly enjoying WFRP as a GM, but at one point we ran a campaign where I was one of the players. I can agree with you, I do not want to loan any of my stuff out to someone else. The solution for my gaming group? The PDF version of the books, the Player's and GM Guide, as well as the PDF-version of the adventure. That was enough for the GM to prepare for the game. She usually showed up early to sort through cards and stuff for the evening. We had the games at my place. That way I didn't have to loan anything out. :)