New Set 14 Previews: Just Kidding and Possession Stance

By Sol Badguy, in UFS General Discussion

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=888

I can see why James was running Just Kidding in his Kisheri at Gen Con XD. The Speed Pump is probably not going to happen to otfen...or it may who knows? But in Kisheri this card is a beast.

Possession Stance...Well the Soul calibur Art is without a doubt a LOT better than the Tekken this card just looks badass! I like the effect too. I can see it doing some awesome stuff in different decks. I wonder if this means Taki is going to be about face down cards too?

White Crane off of Chaos/Life just got REAL. Also, Lu Chen a bit.

Also, we still haven't seen Yoshimitsu and Mitsurugi's cards...

Sol Badguy said:

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=888

I can see why James was running Just Kidding in his Kisheri at Gen Con XD. The Speed Pump is probably not going to happen to otfen...or it may who knows? But in Kisheri this card is a beast.

Possession Stance...Well the Soul calibur Art is without a doubt a LOT better than the Tekken this card just looks badass! I like the effect too. I can see it doing some awesome stuff in different decks. I wonder if this means Taki is going to be about face down cards too?

Yay spoilers.... nay doesnt really do a whole lot for me like Acrobatics did...

That one foundation is pretty sick with Kisheri off Life.

As much support Life is going to get in this next set, it better get some GOOD way to kill

NintendoMan said:

As much support Life is going to get in this next set, it better get some GOOD way to kill

Mitsurugi supposedly has Life and apparently he's ballin' so my guess is that Life will be a contender. Not only that, but three characters have support that touches Life, which means a grand total of 54 cards will have Life on it, 51 of those being Actions/Assets/Attacks/Foundations

Homme Chapeau said:

NintendoMan said:

Mitsurugi supposedly has Life and apparently he's ballin' so my guess is that Life will be a contender. Not only that, but three characters have support that touches Life, which means a grand total of 54 cards will have Life on it, 51 of those being Actions/Assets/Attacks/Foundations

Yes Im very excited about this, cuz Life has always been my favorite symbol.... however it doesnt mean it can kill, its always struggled with that (minus CSS)

Homme Chapeau said:

NintendoMan said:

Not always true. If Tekken is any indication(The 2 were designed at the same time after all) then it is possible that life can be taken off of some of these cards in favor of another symbol(Like Spinning Demon having Void Instead of Evil or For the Money having Chaos instead of Order). It's even posible that Life was added onto the Taki card to give it synergy with Lu chen and that her symbols are different that is what is shown....probably not but it's a possibility.

Sol Badguy said:

Homme Chapeau said:

NintendoMan said:

Not always true. If Tekken is any indication(The 2 were designed at the same time after all) then it is possible that life can be taken off of some of these cards in favor of another symbol(Like Spinning Demon having Void Instead of Evil or For the Money having Chaos instead of Order). It's even posible that Life was added onto the Taki card to give it synergy with Lu chen and that her symbols are different that is what is shown....probably not but it's a possibility.

Only one symbol was removed from cards in the Tekken set. Meaning that at WORST Lu Chen gets hosed by Possession Stance, and White Crane can still use it.

Just Kidding will see some niche play I feel. It's pretty hawt with Keeper of the Watchers, I wager.

Possession stance is immense. Synergy with Yun-Seong and White Crane? Sure, why not?

Taki has upside-down support/card pool clogging support? Very interesting. Possession stance can lead to lots of aggro, and reminds me of ***Talim***

Air loves comboing Cold and Indifferent with Just Kidding.

So now that we have our Just Kidding card...

when do we get Be Right Back, Talk to You Later, and Laugh My Ass Off?

MarcoPulleaux said:

So now that we have our Just Kidding card...

when do we get Be Right Back, Talk to You Later, and Laugh My Ass Off?

When we get a possible SCV, where Xianghua gets all of those wonderful quotes.

I'm looking forward to what Air is bringing to the party with this release. I'm a little sad that Water is still sharing cards with Life, but I guess Air's in the same boat but either way. Now, I'm going to speak for myself and aslum with where's the Mitsurugi love D: !!! j/k but no serously, I smell Mitsurugi and Yoshimitsu hotness in the next spoiler =3

On topic with the cards themselves, the blocks are still what catch my attention the most, a +3low for the foundation and +1mid for the action, which makes me a happy camper. I'm even more curious with what Taki will do now, the easy guess will probably be Multiple love, but I wouldn't be surprised if its something more akin to Alex4 and she does something interesting with face down cards specificly.

I'm a little bit worried though, there seems to be a lot of peak at your opponent's hand stuff coming with Life, or it could be a coincendence.

I'm excited either way :D

Zi Mei loves some of that Stance. Drop it for X=0, and play a turn kinda like Ivy can.

Stance > Fury of the Ancients + Full Multiple > Whatever other attacks (at large +damage from All Life is Prey)

Omar can do something similar, though without the All Life is Prey, and needing a bit of momentum gen.

Heihachi will like this as well, being able to Demon and Need to Destroy, then play an easy Dark Geo Da Ray. Or we will see some better momentum gen, at which point it will be Wheel Kick + Wheel Kick + Stance + Demon/DGdR + Attack.

Possibilities here can be fun, but I would need to see the rest of the set before I think it could be called more than a 'thats nice' for chaos.