The NAPD Most Wanted list? Is it a soft Ban list?

By Marinealver, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

Okay so new FAQ and tournament rules are out but one thing drawn to my attention and if not careful can make a deck illegal and that is the NAPD most wanted list. Essentially each card on that list uses one more influence by removing influence from the identity card by 1 for each copy of that card on that list. An identity cannot go below 1 (sorry Professor you no longer have access to the entire collection).

So it is not a full ban after all you can still play San-San city grid but it now cost 1 more influence and if it is in faction it will still take up 1 influence (which NEH has 2 extra to spare already.)

Here is the excerpt from tournament rules.

The NAPD Most Wanted List is a list of Android: Netrunner cards with additional deck-building restrictions.
Players must adhere to the NAPD Most Wanted List for all Fantasy Flight Games tournament play.
Each copy of a card from the list below reduces an Identity’s influence limit by 1 when included in a deck.
An Identity’s printed influence limit cannot be reduced below 1.
This reduction occurs even if the card matches the Identity’s faction.
Runner
Cerberus “Lady” H1 (Lunar Cycle, #099)
Clone Chip (Creation & Control, #038)
Desperado (Core Set, #024)
Parasite (Core Set, #012)
Pre-Paid Voice PAD (Spin Cycle, #029)
Yog.0 (Core Set, #014)
Corp
Architect (Lunar Cycle, #061)
AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set, #081)
Eli 1.0 (Genesis Cycle, #110)
NAPD Contract (Spin Cycle, #119)
SanSan City Grid (Core Set, #092)

So what do you think of it? Do you think this will open the door to full ban lists before the rotation hits?

Edited by Marinealver

I strongly doubt we'll see a banlist - they'd have to seriously screw up on a card before we saw that. It's much more likely we'll see errata like they've used on Wireless Net Pavilion.

I strongly doubt we'll see a banlist - they'd have to seriously screw up on a card before we saw that. It's much more likely we'll see errata like they've used on Wireless Net Pavilion.

I'd hate to admit that I don't follow the competitive Netrunner scene as much as the competitive X-wing scene. But have they done this type of restriction before? The way this reads it is more than just an errata.

The Professor is actually laughing hysterically because the MWL has absolutely zero effect on him. He has 1 influence. He puts Yog in the deck. He has 1 influence. Adds three Clone Chips. Still 1 influence.

Scuttlebutt is that it was Unique in playtesting but was changed to non-unique very late in the process, possibly by mistake.