Unofficial Errata?

By Nuckelavee, in Black Crusade Rules Questions

Hi guys! I'm not very experienced BC player/GM so I need a some help from you.

As BC seems to be no longer supported by FFG, but the books have some typos, can we try to make a list with the most confusing of them?

Tome of Blood , Khorne Berzerker Skills:

Common Lore (War) - trained, but every CSM already has trained Common Lore (War)

Tome of Excess , non-possessed Accursed Crozius has a Daemon Weapon Quality:

it should lose +1d10 damage and Fellig (4)

Tome of Decay , Plaguemeister Talents:

<...> Mimic or Polyglot or Total Recal l, <...> Street Fighting or Sure Strike, Totall Recall, Unshakeble Will...

Edited by Nuckelavee

Not to pour a large bucket of water on your bonfire but typos are so minor that few will ever spot them. In fact I probably gloss over a dozen when reading through the books alone and never notice them unless I specifically go looking. Mostly though the meaning of the sentence is still pretty clear even if they do add a few extra consonants or screw the letter ordering up. It's like the common reading example which seems to say that as long as the first and last letters are in the right place, the rest can be in varying orders and the human brain can usually work out the rest with some degree of certainty. I wouldn't have thought many of the typos would change the meaning of the sentences to such a heavy degree that it cannot be interpret what the actual intention was so as to require an errata of how these should be spelt?

Happy to be proven wrong though and if there is a genuine issue with it then I shall apologise for a reply which may have made me sound like an anatomical part found on a Slaanesh daemon (I'll leave that to your imaginations), and offer to help.

Edited by Calgor Grim

Hm, I mean not every single typo - it would be very hard and useless, but such things as in my examples (which make uncertain rules questions).

I might be better call them "mistakes", not "typos" - as gaining Talent or Skill that you already have (and which doesn't stack) is logical mistake.

Edited by Nuckelavee

Wouldn't getting Common Lore (War) a second time just apply the next rank to it, so +10?

We changed it to another common lore.

I seem to recall other 40K RPG systems having the same, as well as a blurp that this was by design.

Now to see if I can find that bit.

RAW actually has nothing to say on the matter. You're on your own.

Accursed Crozius, which is easily looked like one of the most powerful melee weapons without possession, but an editing error posted the stats for the possessed Crozius instead of the regular, which is actually a good-but-not-astounding power weapon, though the possessed version is a certified beatstick.

from 1d4.chan.org