Who has won "In Pursuit"?

By Norgrath, in Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game

Pretty much in the title. Based on my fairly limited experience In Pursuit seems a lot harder than the other missions in the campaign. I've made multiple attempts at it and have never gotten Snak Kraggle to below half health. Who has beaten it and how did they go about it?

Pretty much in the title. Based on my fairly limited experience In Pursuit seems a lot harder than the other missions in the campaign. I've made multiple attempts at it and have never gotten Snak Kraggle to below half health. Who has beaten it and how did they go about it?

I'm 1-2 against him. When I beat him, I had the Waywatcher's legendary trap kit that inflicts two wounds on an enemy that engages a hero. I also had her aid action fully upgraded that allowed me to inflict a wound on up to 2 enemies engaged with the target hero. Essentially, that allowed me to put 9 wounds on him before getting to the final round, where I rolled a total of 12 damage between two heroes to finish him off.

We managed it last night with some very lucky 2 player roles. My advice is Waywatchers rule here. Deplete his armour peeps by exausting stuff as well as killing them. Only go for him when you have someone (Warrior priest in our case) fully aided with enpowerment. Always target something else too so that success is not wasted if you don't get through his armour

I've played this quest several times now with all 4 characters and haven't even come close. It feels a little unbalanced. I try to pick the optimal action for each character but he either escapes or everyone dies. I can see me skipping this quest and accepting the penalty in future playthroughs. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy a challenge but this quest just isn't fun to play.

Edited by Ancient Virus

I think this is the only quest among the five story ones that might be broken when attempted with fewer than four characters. In my opinion, it is fine if you have all heroes (not easy but definitely doable), anything less however, and your lack of focusing on one action type (exploration and fight in this case) seriously hinders your chances. Although I am reluctant to call this quest broken outright as it is entirely possible that we just haven't found the right strategy yet.

Edited by Rince

I'm 1-2 against him. When I beat him, I had the Waywatcher's legendary trap kit that inflicts two wounds on an enemy that engages a hero. I also had her aid action fully upgraded that allowed me to inflict a wound on up to 2 enemies engaged with the target hero. Essentially, that allowed me to put 9 wounds on him before getting to the final round, where I rolled a total of 12 damage between two heroes to finish him off.

The Trap kit does not work against Snak Kraggle seeing he never engages you. He never leaves the shadows unless you have a way of drawing him down form the shadows.

Edited by teramaze

Ah, good catch. I agree.

The Trap kit does not work against Snak Kraggle seeing he never engages you. He never leaves the shadows unless you have a way of drawing him down form the shadows.

You can engage Snak Kraggle yourself with your attack action and use the trap (it has been clarified that whether you engage the enemy or the enemy engages you makes no difference in game terms). :)

This quest is definitely very hard! I still haven't beaten it myself, even though we got quite close with 3 players (no ironbreaker), but we never actually used the WW free damage against Snak. If we did, or maybe if we managed our actions better, we would probably have won. :)

My group just won this tonight with three players. We were the Warrior Priest, Bright Wizard, and Ironbreaker (played by me.)

We agreed going into it that we were going to win in the first two rounds or not at all, so we totally abandoned the idea of exploring. I started off by aiding the Wizard (who had the Keys of Secret) but then after that it was attack, attack, attack; the Wizard also had the Ruby of Taal to keep the attacks going.

It was close! It came down to the last attack action before the end of the second round but we pulled it off.

The downside of this strategy is that we left a Legendary Fortune card on the table due to none of us exploring in what was a very short game. Only one was acquired in the settlement phase.

I have won with 4 heroes. I managed to deal half of the damage to Snak in the first two rounds, the remaining half in the last three. I won at the very last attack as well. :D

Every attack action allows you to engage an enemy.

Honestly the issue with this quest for me is that if you finish it too early, you can end up not getting any of the legendary cards you've ended up earning so far from winning any of the first 2 quests, but if you play too long, you can just outright lose because of how much armour he will gain (Resistance from the other monsters in play), or end up not being able to explore the location enough that you'll lose come peril phase.

Overall though, i really like the quest, it requires proper teamwork and has multiple ways of approaching the goal i believe. I think the best way to go about it from my experience so far, is to set up the location as a buffer if you don't think you can kill the boss before now and the green peril track (So you don't lose), and then try to kill as many people as you can and atleast get some damage on the boss before the green peril forces you to travel.

The main issue i see though is for 3 players or less it can get pretty awkward when trying to both explore and attack since you have 1 or 2 less action sets to use, and your "ready all actions" card is usually the worst of your set, in terms of dice atleast.

Failed miserably because i didnt read the sentence that says" Snak starts in the shadow". As I started playing, I was completely at loss as to how I was going to do 12 wounds on him. Went through the quest, exploring, finding a couple of good items, and ultimately being swamped by elite enemies.

At the end of the game, did I realize my mistake. I will try again.

These quests are exhausting, in a good way though.

I finished on solo play with the Wizard and Priest. Kraagle went down in two turns and I benefitted significantly from using the Stiletto to reduce his resistance. My Wizard had advanced attack and explore, my Priest had advanced Aid and Attack

With 4 non-nemesis enemies revealed, my Wizard explored to gain 3 success tokens, then used stiletto and attacked Kraggle (using stiletto and all tokens). The priest then aided the wizard, readying her attack and giving her more success tokens, then finished the hero turn by attacking and killing the enemy engaged with him. 2nd turn, the Priest rested, empowering the wizard and exhausting an enemy, then attacked and killed another enemy (I consistently exhausted his explore action to supplement his attacks). The wizard then attacked again with stiletto, and two success tokens, and then attacked again (fortunately I had another success token to use the stiletto again). My rolls were crazy good, I don't think I rolled less than 3 successes on any one roll during those two turns.

It is a somewhat frustrating quest, but I feel the same way about most situations where I have to run after an enemy rather than fighting with them, so it captures the experience well for me.

I love this game, I don't think I've spent so much time playing a non-digital game since I had the original WQ back in the day.