Rest skill question.

By Goomiferous, in Runebound

I don't have the game handy and can't recall the name of the skill in question. There is a Body skill that allows a Rest Action in the Wilderness to heal a hero to full.

I looked at the Rest rules, and told the player not to bother rolling, as the card doesn't ask for any successes before granting its benefit.

The affected hero's player and one other player disagreed, and concluded that you must roll a single success to be able to benefit, arguing that the designer "clearly" intended that you must roll a single success to benefit from the skill.

I responded that the skill card was pretty straightforward because a Rest Action was being taken in the Wilderness. I quickly conceded to move the game along because of past experience with rules disputes in this group, but was admittedly salty at this additional stipulation being added to a skill with no evidence to support it.

Any thoughts? I'll send the question along to FFG for possible FAQ inclusion as well.

Edit: Received an official reply from FFG

"Thanks for the question. Scavenging does not require you to roll the dice when resting, since it does not matter if you roll a success or not. If you rest in the wilderness, you heal all damage, no matter the roll. Hope that helps!"

Edited by Goomiferous

The card's name is Scavenging. The text:

Whenever you rest in the wilderness, heal all damage.

The card, in my opinion, is pretty clear: rest implies you spend one of your three action slots in a rest action; the rest action indeed requires you to roll dice, but the card instructs you to heal all damage upon resting. If the intention had been that you must score at least one success to heal all damage, it'd have been spelled clearly on the card, and the wording would have been:

Whenever you roll dice to resolve a rest action in the wilderness, if you score at least one result matching the terrain hex you're in, heal all damage.

Yeah, totally agree with Julia.