Armada World Cup - Vassal Tournament:

By BiggsIRL, in Star Wars: Armada

Also, no Ackbar! Who saw that coming?

/raises hand

If anyone was going to pull it off, it was going to be Green Knight, but I'm not surprised Ackbar didn't make the cut. Ackbar's overated as hell. He's not bad, but I don't find him all that good for his price. He's very easy to use, making him great for new players, but once you know how to fight him, he's very predictable.

C'mon? You saw all of his many clones getting wiped out before the semi's?

/raises hand

If anyone was going to pull it off, it was going to be Green Knight, but I'm not surprised Ackbar didn't make the cut. Ackbar's overated as hell. He's not bad, but I don't find him all that good for his price. He's very easy to use, making him great for new players, but once you know how to fight him, he's very predictable.

C'mon? You saw all of his many clones getting wiped out before the semi's?

Maybe not before the semis, but definitely by the semis. Green's a great player, but I have little faith in Ackbar. He would have had to play an amazing game against some of lists on his side of the bracket.

To be fair, Truthiness's blog has been pretty consistently poo-pooing Ackbar for some time now.

But more important questions: Anyone got a game scheduled yet? :D

Actually I've grown rather fond of old fish face. He makes already agile Afs even more agile - by removing the need to double arc you can be pretty much anywhere. So predictable? Not so. Quite the opposite imo.

However, 3 afs is one too many. And my squad game left a lot to be desired.

Anyway. In 4 games I did not lose a single ship. Not one. And none of them had ecm (because I wanted to test that). That's what ackbar can do for you...

Ardaedal vs Clontroper5 set for 7:30 Am Saterday morning

I'm waiting on His reply at the moment but it should work since he had suggested 7:00

That's a Match I want to see... But I have no clue who to actually barrack for...

That's a Match I want to see... But I have no clue who to actually barrack for...

the Empire obviously

I don't know, what has the Empire done for me recently, since I recently tributed them up to their requested likes barrier? :D

To be fair, Truthiness's blog has been pretty consistently poo-pooing Ackbar for some time now.

I will also openly admit my Ackbar hate is as irrational as a Trump rally. I only really hate him because I keep hearing how overpowered he is and how all the other Rebel commanders are "clearly" inferior.

/raises hand

That leaves 2 ackbar players, Biggs and Nebulonb.

Biggs did alright but was unble to clinch a playoff berth.

And NebulonB, well NebulonB had to play JJ, who had tied for the highest # of tournament points and is a former Champion (and the best armada player I know)

All this in a overall tournament meta dominated by Bomber heavy fleets, which is what everyone says defeats ackbar...

Reath and I appear to be set for 2100 GMT-7 on Thursday/ 1500 GMT+11 on Friday. That was the primary time he sent me, which I agreed to. I just replied, so I don't have official confirmation from Reath on that.

the Empire obviously

I don't know, what has the Empire done for me recently, since I recently tributed them up to their requested likes barrier? :D

The ceremony will be held in a few hours

I'm waiting on His reply at the moment but it should work since he had suggested 7:00

I can do this.

And you will meet your destiny.

I can do this.

And you will meet your destiny.

JJs Juggernaut tentatively set for Sunday 4:00 PM CST (GMT-6). Sunday should work, but I'm waiting to hear back to nail down the time.

Edited by JJs Juggernaut

JJs Juggernaut tentatively set for Sunday 4:00 PM CST (GMT-6). Sunday should work, but I'm waiting to hear back to nail down the time.

Confirmed for 4:00 pm CST.

Madaghmire vs CNinja set for Thursday at 9 pm Central US time

Ok Quarterfinals time are all reported:

Ardaedhel vs Clontroper5 7:00 AM PST Saturday

JJs Juggernaut vs Quadro28 4:00 PM CST Sunday

Madaghmire vs Caribbean Ninja 9:00 PM CST Thursday

Truthiness vs Reith28 (probably)2100 GMT-7 on Thursday/ 1500 GMT+11 on Friday.

Thursday looks like the (insert name here) 2nd...Confrence?...bracket...Division?...I'm going with division.

The 2nd Division is Getting down on Thursday. Should be exciting!

Edited by clontroper5

Just confirmed time as reported by Truth.

Truthiness / Reith is up!

We have games scheduled for tonight (tomorrow) at 03:00 GMT (Madaghmire vs Caribbean Ninja) and 04:00 GMT (Truthiness vs Reith28). A bit late for you Europeans, I know.

I'll be live-streaming one of the games (probably Madag vs Carib) to test out my capabilities for livestreaming the Semi-Finals. More details as we get to the actual game time.

Edit: Fixed a bad link.

Edited by BiggsIRL

Pretty sure that link points back to this page. Suppose it could be just my phone...