Armada World Cup - Vassal Tournament:

By BiggsIRL, in Star Wars: Armada

Darklighter is not about to burn out that quickly.

Oooh! Challenge accepted! :D

Let us dance, then.

Let us dance, then.

May run a few minutes late to the game tonight.

Sorry, work was bad to me today.

Match delayed til 2am GMT.

Quick update. I've yet to get a response from Shadoer after three private messages over the last week and a half. I'm fairly certain Captain ICT is in the same boat.

Match delayed til 2am GMT.

Sorry for the delay. I made it home and am logging in now.

Doobleg takes the win, 307 - 78: 229 MOV 9-1 score

I was player 1, and chose his Opening Salvo

All I managed to do was injure the ISD, and drop Soontir, before everything turned to slag but a hastily repaired Mon Cala... which limped off into the sunset.

Doobleg takes the win, 307 - 78: 229 MOV 9-1 score

I was player 1, and chose his Opening Salvo

All I managed to do was injure the ISD, and drop Soontir, before everything turned to slag but a hastily repaired Mon Cala... which limped off into the sunset.

Another awesome match against BiggsIRL. I got lucky taking down the close-range MC80 in round 2 (the extra dice from Opening Salvo basically made it happen), and then juuuust took out Ackbar at the end of round 4 (had he not turned over Structural Damage, Ackbar's broadside firepower would have seriously ruined my day).

My anti-squadron dice were electric! Soontir managed to hold the bombers at bay while my ISD consistently rolled double-hits on Biggs' X-Wings. Not much you can do about that.

Replay can be found here . Thanks for the game, Biggs, and I'll see you in the finals! :D

Week 2 is almost to an end. Time for a score update:

POD 1   	Points	MOV	Games
Darth of t Dead	0	0	0
Ardaedhel	8	166	1
JRockNZ 	7	22	2
HeyChad 	5	0	1

POD2			
Shadoer 	0	0	1
Truthiness	9	254	2
clontroper5 - X	29	1013	3
Captain ICT	2	0	2

POD3			
Caribbean Ninja	6	19	2
AlexW   	5	0	2
Deadshane	1	0	1
JJs Juggernau-X	28	1005	3

POD4			
Audere1882	0	0	1
Icanspelgood	0	0	0
Madaghmire	10	400	1
Quadro28	0	0	0

POD5	
Cutter9999	9	245	1
DabDarklighter	3	0	2
Thanosazlin	8	192	1
Zanos   	0	0	0

POD6			
Onca    	2	0	1
Gowtah   	0	0	0
Green Knight	18	534	2
NebulonB	0	0	1

POD7			
Meidomeda	3	0	2
Chilligan	0	0	0
BiggsIRL	9	162	2
Doobleg 	18	503	2

POD8			
Qark    	1	0	1
godofcheese	0	0	0
Reath28  	19	704	2
Leowulf 	0	0	1

X = Clinched First Place

Y = Clinched Second Place

Edit: Pod 2, Pod 3 - good job. You folks are on schedule. Everyone else needs to pick up the pace.

Edited by BiggsIRL

Biggs vs Chilligan scheduled for 12:00 PM / 8:00 PM local times (5:00 PM GMT) on Monday 18th.

Quick update. I've yet to get a response from Shadoer after three private messages over the last week and a half. I'm fairly certain Captain ICT is in the same boat.

Please let me know if anyone else has gone MIA.

Shadoer - you have until the start of week 3 (Monday 18th 23:59 GMT) to post that you are in fact around and working on scheduling the two games.

Onca vs Nebulon:

I went first with objective: Superior positions.

Nebulon wins 9-1, with a MoV of 310.

Was quite an interesting game. Came down to the last activation on the last turn, where Neb had to kill my last ISD to win, or it would ram and die, giving me the points win.

Replay: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wtri58prhurtwc6/Onca%20vs%20Neb.vlog?dl=0

Onca vs Nebulon:

Was quite an interesting game. Came down to the last activation on the last turn, where Neb had to kill my last ISD to win, or it would ram and die, giving me the points win.

Thx Onca, you are a fair, fun and gracious opponent. It was so close, and my final rolls were very good, could have really gone both ways. All to easily, to paraphrase your Admiral :)

Green Knight vs. Gowtah:

Monday evening (time TBD) CET.

Onca vs Nebulon:

Thx Onca, you are a fair, fun and gracious opponent. It was so close, and my final rolls were very good, could have really gone both ways. All to easily, to paraphrase your Admiral :)

Thank you! You were a great opponent too :) It was a really fun game!

Started my game with icanspelegood. We're having a strange glitch that keeps happening where I can't see his stuff. We were able to work around his fleet cards, squads and tokens, but now I can't see his damage cards. We're postponing the game for now. Any suggestions on a fix for this problem?

Started my game with icanspelegood. We're having a strange glitch that keeps happening where I can't see his stuff. We were able to work around his fleet cards, squads and tokens, but now I can't see his damage cards. We're postponing the game for now. Any suggestions on a fix for this problem?

Did you try to re-synchronize?

Save and restart?

Anything else?

Gowtah vs Onca (1st) Opening Salvos 8-2 MOV 179 (250-71)

Fun game with wonky dice, an invicible MC30 and Vader's ISD escaping on 1hp.

Logfile is here .

Did you try to re-synchronize?

Save and restart?

Anything else?

We both saved the file and tried to restart. Neither time worked.

Are you both running the latest version of the Armada Vassal module? Have experienced similar glitches with mismatched versions...

Biggs vs Chilligan scheduled for 1:00 PM / 8:00 PM local times (6:00 PM GMT) on Monday 18th.

Slight correction on times. Turns out Chill is +2 GMT not +3 as I had originally recorded.

HERO has requested to drop from the tournament due to personal reasons.

Because we are still in the first week of POD play, we're calling up the replacements!

HeyChad has 24 hours from this post to confirm that he is being called up to replace HERO in POD1.

We are having trouble getting hold of our other pod member, Darth0fthedead, too. May need a second replacement if he doesn't respond this week.

Keep me posted on this.

Still no response from Darth of the Dead since the tourney started.

HERO has requested to drop from the tournament due to personal reasons.

Because we are still in the first week of POD play, we're calling up the replacements!

HeyChad has 24 hours from this post to confirm that he is being called up to replace HERO in POD1.

We are having trouble getting hold of our other pod member, Darth0fthedead, too. May need a second replacement if he doesn't respond this week.
Keep me posted on this.

Still no response from Darth of the Dead since the tourney started.

Whelp. Darth is bounced. 8 & 61 wins for your pod.