Who's who???

By Hagalaz, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

So I just purchased all three of the beginner box sets, primarily for tokens, maps, and adventures. I've read through the adventure book and I'm struggling to figure out who's who in the tokens. Obviously some are a given (ie. Stormtrooper) and the heros, (thanks to the folio art), but a lot of the others I'm clueless. Does anyone have a list of names, and or a check list for the tokens? Can any one help me identify them? Thanks.

all three Beginner Boxes have followup adventures. Some of them may be used in those. Finally, I've noticed that there are always just some extra characters and beasts that aren't mentioned in the story.

I suspect that they are included to encourage new and budding GMs to think about where and how to use them. Or to use them as stand-ins if the players go off the rails.

@ Kaosoe, Thank you, I don't suppose you know which tokens are which and which ones are the extras? Thank you

I'd suggest not worrying about those specifics. The game is freeform and narrative, and you really don't need maps or tokens at all. As far as playing the game goes, the maps are the least important part. So pick whichever tokens you need for the scene at hand. They might not match exactly, but it doesn't matter.

If you like the game you'll want to buy one of the core books, and if your players make custom characters you won't have tokens for them either. When you do use maps, you'll find that pennies or pencil erasers or extra dice do just as good a job of communicating relative locations of the PCs and NPCs. If I really need an impromptu map I usually just draw it on the spot with graph paper, use letters to indicate positions, and erase and redraw as necessary. It works just fine.

What the Frog said. I have all the tokens, but they're in a big bag and I don't know which came from which box. I'm afraid I can't help you there.

Edited by kaosoe
Edge of the Empire Beginner Game:

Heroes:

Oskara, Bounty Hunter

Pash, Smuggler

41-VEX, Colonist

Lowhhrick, Hired Gun

missing are the two DLC

NPCs:

4 Tie Fighters

1 Corellian YT-1300 light freighter (Krayt Fang)

1 Rancor

1 Hutt

1 Human Female

2 Imperial Officers

3 Mynock

4 Gamorian Guards

3 Human males

3 Aquish Thugs

4 Security Droids

2 Humans males

4 Stormtroopers

1 Trandoshan Bounty Hunter

2 Stormtrooper Officers

Force:

8 tokens

Edited by jlshar01
Age of Rebellion Beginner Game:

Heroes:

Arkhan, Commander

Cael, Soldier

Jin-Rio, Diplomat

Tendaar, Engineer

Vendri, Spy

Zal, Ace

NPCs:

1 Shuttle

2 AT-ST

4 Scout Troopers on Speeder Bike

4 Scout Troopers

4 Storm Troopers

2 Heavy Storm Troopers

2 Imperial Officers

1 Moff Lasre Dardano

2 Mynock

1 Dianoga

4 Imperial Navy Troopers

3 Rebel Troopers

2 Trandoshan

2 Twi’lek females

Force:

8 tokens

Edited by jlshar01
Force and Destiny Beginner Game:

Heroes:

Belandi, Consular

Dao, Mystic

Kaveri, Seeker

Pon, Warrior

Sarenda, Guardian

Tarast, Sentinel

NPCs:

1 Acklay

1 Force Ghost

1 Malefax (Devaronian Male)

1 Human female (Jedi?)

1 Twi’lek female

1 Hethan Romund, (Human female, scholar)

1 Imperial Officer

1 Duro male

1 Human female (Naboo?)

1 Yarkora male

2 Human male (dark Jedi?)

2 Storm Trooper Officers

1 human female

1 Rodian

1 human male

2 Zabrak

2 Snow Troopers

2 Twi’lek male