"Prey" Mechanic Question

By tacomen253, in Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game

I have a question about the mechanic some enemies have known as "Prey". Does the enemy engage the hero with the highest printed health value, or does the enemy engage the hero with the most health value after deducting wounds and adding health from effects such as "Full Plate" etc...?

Neither one.

Prey causes the enemy to engage the hero with the most wounds. That is, the one who has taken the most damage. If there is a tie, the players decide which hero is engaged.

It is unfortunate that some other Warhammer games use the term "wound" as a synonym for "health" or "hit points", but in WQ:ACG that is not the case. Wounds only refer to points of damage taken.

Edited by JohnGarrison1870

Thanks for the info. Just played my first round of the first quest yesterday and had a blast. After going through both of the booklets, prey was the only thing I found myself struggling to interpret (was reading it wrong silly me). I will make sure I pay better attention to the symbols.

Happy Holidays to my fellow gamers as well!

Thanks for the info. Just played my first round of the first quest yesterday and had a blast. After going through both of the booklets, prey was the only thing I found myself struggling to interpret (was reading it wrong silly me). I will make sure I pay better attention to the symbols.

Happy Holidays to my fellow gamers as well!

I've really found that all of my mistakes thus far have been either me not reading carefully, or making things more complicated than they are. Really enjoying how this plays now that I've gotten it down. Glad to hear you're having a good time.

Happy holidays to you and everyone else as well!