New WFRP Podcast Goes Live!!!

By Noelyuk, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

I am currently listening to 12. I found 11 to be quite slow. Had to listen to it twice, for I dosed off both times in the park. But usually its quite interesting.

Pity you have only 2 turn up these 2 episodes. Cause it seems you are left with two charmers with no combat experience. Makes for a unique party.

Welcome aboard Durak.

Great to get your feedback on the show. I agree that it's a shame we only had 2 players for 11 and 12 and it was always gonna be a challenge for 2 to carry the dialogue for an entire session but I think the players did amazingly well all things considered. But fear not, episode 13 sees the party swell to a more satisfying 4 players including Falco the Ratcatcher's return (aka Michael's return from honeymoon), as well as a great debut appearance from a new player in Jean the Bretonnian Knight :) So stay tuned.

Edited by Noelyuk

Sharing vino on the noble's front lawn under the corrupting rays of the evil moon, that's just what adventurers do on their nights off in WFRP. Clearly the Ogre is still off working his way through that herd of sheep. I actually liked the change of pace, 2 players are perfect number for a low key stake out.

Edited by Daedalum

Hey Noelyuk,

Sorry!!!!! ;-) Yeah, listened to the first episode at work and gonne download the rest. It's good work! :)

Combat in 12 was chaotic. We use stands for combat in our game so we know where we are standing so to stop this confusion.

I think you make a error. With the whip he failed but got enough boons to recover a stress. But its fatigue if they use a physical skill which BS is.

Not making a criticism, just pointing out things we learnt over the years.

Laughing at the method they used to stop the attack.

An error? Me??? Noooo! Ha ha. Just kidding Durak. Like only all the time ;) Back in the day one of my group was a rules lawyer who'd keep me in check. Without that I'm a loose cannon. If in doubt I wing it and try to keep the narrative going. Especially combat. It's my least favourite part and therefore the weakest part of my GMing I think. Thanks for the feedback though. Keep it coming.

Yeah that combat was only ever designed to be a warning and a beating. The party (especially being just 2) were never supposed to fight back. Certainly not make the first blow as the Barber Surgeon did. So when one of them yelled 'R*PE' I thought that was my perfect 'out' to allow the thugs to withdraw. Just one of those off the cuff moments that worked well in the end.

Edited by Noelyuk

Woah, you didn't have a rage-quit at the end did you? I was diggin the good Doc!

Woah, you didn't have a rage-quit at the end did you? I was diggin the good Doc!

A rage quit?? Ah so there's a name for it is there? Yes, we did unfortunately. And as much as we all enjoyed the barber surgeons participation that was the last we saw of him :( Probably for the best all in all. It's a group game at the end of the day

A rage quit?? Ah so there's a name for it is there? Yes, we did unfortunately. And as much as we all enjoyed the barber surgeons participation that was the last we saw of him :( Probably for the best all in all. It's a group game at the end of the day

Yeah, it really seemed like the player didn't understand how Warhammer as a universe works. Your patience with him was commendable, however.

Yeah, it really seemed like the player didn't understand how Warhammer as a universe works. Your patience with him was commendable, however.

The Grim Dark is not for everyone, I think in game reality most Old Worlders who fancy themselves heroes rooting out chaos would skip town once the tables were turned and throats were getting cut. It takes a particular type that stick around long enough to grow a tail ;)

These podcasts recorded back in October last year? If so you must be really far along in your campaign.

How'd you know they were recorded in October Sherlock? ;) Yeah the campaign for real is ahead of the podcast by quite a few sessions. Gives me room to play with if we miss any sessions, not to mention time to edit the **** audio :) We're in Death on the Reik already in the real campaign :)

I wondered how you found so many people to play for one session, so I looked, and someone mentioned the Barber left, that post was in October.

I have too much free time, at work.

Take it as a compliment, the podcast is interesting enough I am taking an interest :)

Edited by DurakBlackaxe

Glad you're enjoying the podcast. I started it first and foremost as a way of being able to have a permanent record of the sessions for my own and the groups benefit initially and it's a bonus to find that other people are enjoying the show.

As for how we find so many people to play for one session, I think the more apt question is how we found so few people to play for the long haul :) I think a combination of the timezone factor plus being generally unlucky have hampered our continuity. I think the timezone has been a huge factor, we've had a few such as the Bretonnian Knight that woke up very early to play but couldn't keep it up, others who have suddently got busy at work or study etc such as Sedrick aka Smof the Ogre. And others those who've come for one or two sessions and left who have simply decided it's not for them Nateery the hunter (yet to feature in the podcast), and told me so before leaving which I totally respect, and conversely we've had a few casual gamers dropped in for a session, thinking it's a dungeon crawl (despite my protestations otherwise) and then simply no showed next game (which I don't respect and whose shameful names I won't mention :P ) but I guess it takes all kinds of folk. Added to that I think playing across Fantasy Grounds it's perhaps a bit more conducive to people just dropping out of the game with no word than it would be if it was a face to face game.

Having said all of that we've maintained a core group of Davy, Michael, Sedrick (for a while) and more recently Shane (who you've yet to meet in the podcast) the game and The Order of Chaos Gamers with its ensemble cast has rumbled on, in a way I think some change amongst the party adds a bit of dynamism perhaps, though i'd prefer it if we had fewer part timers. I'm actually thinking that it would be ideal to recruit from among the listeners, who would at least know what they're getting before signing up, and then maybe stay longer. But who knows.

Edited by Noelyuk

The Enemy Within Revisited: Ep 14 The Return of the Ogre - is Live! Framed and on the run for the murder of Steinhager our party are pursued by an angry mob and must flee for their lives. But there’s no time to rest as our heroes have the little matter of a cult ritual to foil.

http://www.theorderofchaosgamers.com/podcast-home/tewr-ep-14-the-return-of-the-ogre

2gy8rqo.jpg

Edited by Noelyuk

Great stuff Noely

jh

Great stuff Noely

jh

Cheers Jay.

Enjoying the campaign (despite the carousel-like turnover of cast members) and I'm looking forward to how the twists and turns unfold. But the experience of committing the audio to podcast for posterity is definitely an enjoyable one.

By the way not seen you on these forums in a while and this community is definitely poorer without your input.

Noely

The Enemy Within Revisited: Ep 17 - Messing About on the Water - is Live! Newly escaped from Bogenhafen the party enjoy a peaceful time on the water. Until they spot a floating corpse... Somethings not right and who or what is watching from a nearby tree? Cue a mutant attack and Yorgon the Sigmarite Warrior Priest displaying his diving/drowning skills.

http://www.theorderofchaosgamers.com/podcast-home/tewr-ep-17-messing-about-on-the-water

2wqekhj.png

Edited by Noelyuk

Really enjoying the podcast Noely! (This is Dave, btw) Haven't got through Ep 17 yet, but will do in the next day or so. I'm liking the new smuggler so far, and missed Davey in the last episode.

I just got one of my players to start listening, and so far he really digs it too.

We just finished Eye for an Eye, and had all but one of the players on Fantasy Grounds...two of them remotely. We are rolling right into Edge of Night next session, so I'm busy setting up the campaign in FG for that.

I can't wait to see where your guys go next.

Well shucks! I was wondering what happened to Nattery. Our group needed a deadly femme fatal. It gave Gustav one more way to fear dying. Arrow in the back or head in the ogre's maw. Ah well!

The Enemy Within Revisited: 18 - The Package - is Live!

Fresh from their escape from a mutant ambush the party push on towards Weissbruck, with a passenger, new crew member, and stowaway onboard. Meanwhile the Sigmarite Priest goes nuts over the mysterious contents of the package.

http://www.theorderofchaosgamers.com/podcast-home/tewr-ep-18-the-package

2z8vp0z.jpg

Edited by Noelyuk

The Enemy Within Revisited Ep 19 - The Red Barn at Weissbruck - is live.

It’s just a delivery to a pharmacist in Weissbruck. What's the worst that could happen? Oh crap! Find out as Falco goes all Metal Gear Solid and attempts to stealth his way through the encounter and Smof the Ogre err...doesn't.

http://www.theorderofchaosgamers.com/podcast-home/tewr-ep-19-the-red-barn-at-weissbruck

73gtqq.jpg

Edited by Noelyuk

ATTENTION ALL ORDER OF CHAOS PODCAST LISTENERS!

FYI Our weekly podcast has now moved to being a fortnightly podcast simply due to a change in players schedules. So for the forseeable future you'll have to wait a couple of weeks between each new release.