Electors Sue for Peace

By abbottj83, in Chaos in the Old World

Last night during a game we had the Electors Sue for Peace card come up first turn from the old world deck. Since Nurgle got to make the decision on it the event tokens went to Brettonia and the Empire. The card ended up staying in play all game b/c other old world cards were the discard after using kind. So no battles could happen in either region all game.

I got to thinking that that felt somewhat OP. Then I started thinking of various strategies that could have helped us lessen or negate that huge advantage Nurgle was getting from the no battles. So maybe its not OP; but it was rather annoying. About the only things I was thinking of that might end up slipping in some killing beneath the ban that Electors puts down would be Blood Frenzy and something like Dark Elf Corsairs.

So I was just wondering people's opinions on the interaction of Electors with those cards. Would Blood Frenzy still work b/c it was before the battle phase? Would Dark Elf Corsairs work b/c it "removes" and doesn't roll battle dice? Neither one of those cards came up in those areas so it wasn't an issue for the specific game; but I'm just trying to get the best idea possible on how to counter that card if it come up again.

And if you have any other ideas on countering the big advantage that card gives feel free to chime in with those. I think my strategy next time it comes up in favor of an opponent will be to try and ruin the regions the tokens are in as fast as possible in order to cut down on dial advancement and domination gains in those regions.

Here's what you do to combat Nurgle - everyone summon a load of cultists in Bretonnia and the Empire.

Oh whoops, region's ruined - guess you need to go somewhere else now.

phobiandarkmoon said:

Here's what you do to combat Nurgle - everyone summon a load of cultists in Bretonnia and the Empire.

Oh whoops, region's ruined - guess you need to go somewhere else now.

Yeah, what he said. Just because your own dial advancement goal doesn't exist there, doesn't mean you can't jump in (especially as Tzen since he's got 8 cultists) and ruin the area quickly.

Khorn also has cards that say no corruption scored in this territory this round

Battle is just one of the ways to disrupt people in this game.

Heck, you can even teleport his cultists away.

I'm pretty sure battle frenzy wouldn't work incidentally. And Dark Elf Corsairs would remove Electors Sue For Peace, wouldn't it?

We have not found it that big a deal. As others said, in the game we had where it came up first card, I was playing Khorn, allong with others I had cultists in the regions, The regions both burned on the 2nd turn, advantage over.

In one of them, I even got 2nd most corruotion, I had three cultists in one and one in the other.

So by thrid turn nurgle only had two places to go for dial advances, and Khnorn is there waiting,,,,,