Aurora Squad Builder: News and Updates

By VanderLegion, in X-Wing

4 minutes ago, ArbitraryNerd said:

Now, how can we convince you to work on ios apps for Armada and Destiny?

Armada you're probably out of luck. I picked it up when it first came out and bought all of wave one, but only ever foudn the time to play like 2 300 point games, and then never got a chance to play it since, so I recently sold off my my small collection. That being the case, I have little personal drive to get an armada app built.

Destiny is a better chance at least. THAT one I am buying and playing, so I have more personal desire to see an app. On the other hand, I've had no issues just using swdestinydb.com on my phone so far. The whole reason I built aurora in the first place was because the squad builder I was using on the computer was basically unusable on the phone. If I were to build a destiny app I feel like it would absolutely need to have the card images to work well, so I need to get around to emailing FFG and asking if I'm allowed to do so, or if there's a way to get permission. On a side note, if I do that and am allowed to use them, I'll se eif I can do the same to add the card images to Aurora as well...

To be fair, I've not played Armada yet, just slowly picking up sets when I've got extra disposable income (which I honestly prefer to put towards Imperial Assault/Destiny right now).

I prefer the optimization that I can get with an app, and I hate relying on reliable internet connection for anything, so I'm excited that Destiny is at least a consideration!

Just now, ArbitraryNerd said:

To be fair, I've not played Armada yet, just slowly picking up sets when I've got extra disposable income (which I honestly prefer to put towards Imperial Assault/Destiny right now).

I prefer the optimization that I can get with an app, and I hate relying on reliable internet connection for anything, so I'm excited that Destiny is at least a consideration!

Yah the main reason I'd do a destiny app is for the ability to use it offline (Had a time or two I was on my ipad with no internet before I built aurora so I couldn't access online biulders. part of the reason I built the app).

Apparently you/ I can build a HotAC ship via your App.

How do I do that?

2 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Apparently you/ I can build a HotAC ship via your App.

How do I do that?

Currently you use the Custom Pilot option. You can create a new pilot with all the extra upgrade slots. I do have plans to build full hotac support into the app that'lll add the upgrade slots as you level and track xp, missions, etc.

Incase it hasn't been posted already;

1. Verbage on cluster bombs still out of date (still says all damage (hit) rolled though now it is hit and crit)

2. Zeb in rebel tie still has Rex's ability.

I think that's all for now. Great app!

18 minutes ago, Gibbilo said:

Incase it hasn't been posted already;

1. Verbage on cluster bombs still out of date (still says all damage (hit) rolled though now it is hit and crit)

2. Zeb in rebel tie still has Rex's ability.

I think that's all for now. Great app!

Zeb I fixed in an OTA update a couple days ago. I do need to update cluster mines still.

On 2/10/2017 at 6:47 PM, VanderLegion said:

Zeb I fixed in an OTA update a couple days ago. I do need to update cluster mines still.

If you have a secure endpoint either template'd or UI that can be utilised to update Cards etc for OTA updates I'd be more than happy to help.

Edited by Jamz
3 hours ago, Jamz said:

If you have a secure endpoint either template'd or UI that can be utilised to update Cards etc for OTA updates I'd be more than happy to help.

Currently I do not, but I'm probably going to go ahead and Open Source the code when I release the next update, in which case I'll re-direct where it looks for the OTA updates to just grab it from the github repo (yay no more having to upload them to another location as well!), at which point nayone will be able to fork and submit PRs for updates if they want to.

For people like me who doesn't have a clue about what you just said, if we can just have the option to add new ship, pilot, upgrade and Wave directly in the app would be fantastic!

19 minutes ago, PoorGreedo said:

For people like me who doesn't have a clue about what you just said, if we can just have the option to add new ship, pilot, upgrade and Wave directly in the app would be fantastic!

It wouldn't be in the app itself, more something that any interested programmer (or person in general with a github account, since there's no actual programming involved in adding new cards) could help

16 hours ago, VanderLegion said:

Currently I do not, but I'm probably going to go ahead and Open Source the code when I release the next update, in which case I'll re-direct where it looks for the OTA updates to just grab it from the github repo (yay no more having to upload them to another location as well!), at which point nayone will be able to fork and submit PRs for updates if they want to.

Fantastic, will the commit trigger the OTA update or will you have to approve that part (makes sense) Anything that helps take the load off you has to be a benefit though

6 hours ago, Jamz said:

Fantastic, will the commit trigger the OTA update or will you have to approve that part (makes sense) Anything that helps take the load off you has to be a benefit though

Anyone that's not me would have to submit a pull request that I'd then approve, soon as I merged that the OTA update would then become available.

Just want to say, love the app, thanks, been using it as my primary builder for as long as I've owned XWing

23 hours ago, VanderLegion said:

Anyone that's not me would have to submit a pull request that I'd then approve, soon as I merged that the OTA update would then become available.

Fantastic, I look forward to being able to help out.. It's a superb product.

New OTA Update available with new cards from the scyk spoiler article

A couple caveats:

• Arc Caster and Pulsed Ray Shield are currently in the app as scum only. The app doesn't currently support limiting a card to 2 separate factions, so it will need a full app update to add that functionality, at which piont it'll be available for rebel as well.
  • Pulsed Ray Shield will currently appear as an option for the modification slot for all scum ships. Similar to above, the app doesn't currently support restricting a card only to ships with an exact shield value, so it needs a full update to add that functionality.
Edited by VanderLegion

As always, thank you!

This app is my primary source of list building.... which is a dangerously time consuming hobby of mine.

Thanks!

I'm always lookig for more beta testers as well. If anyone is interested, feel free to send me a PM and I can get you set up. Currently beta testing the next full update

2 hours ago, VanderLegion said:

I'm always lookig for more beta testers as well. If anyone is interested, feel free to send me a PM and I can get you set up. Currently beta testing the next full update

what does that entail? testing I can help with, any kind of coding I can't.

26 minutes ago, Bojanglez said:

what does that entail? testing I can help with, any kind of coding I can't.

I just need an email ddress to add as a tester, then you can download beta builds when I send them out. Basically involves just using the beta builds as usual and reporting any issues you run into or other feedback about new stuff

Does it need to be our apple ID email or any email?

11 minutes ago, thelogicdump said:

Does it need to be our apple ID email or any email?

As far as I know it can be any email?

16 hours ago, VanderLegion said:

I just need an email ddress to add as a tester, then you can download beta builds when I send them out. Basically involves just using the beta builds as usual and reporting any issues you run into or other feedback about new stuff

email sent, would be happy to help.

19 hours ago, VanderLegion said:

As far as I know it can be any email?

Sent you a message with emails and details etc.