The Cataclysm new expansion is announced

By The Thing In The Attic, in Talisman

Just noticed the upcoming page has been updated today and it's still on the boat.

So how do folks feel about industrial age/era things showing up in Talisman? I'm willing to wait and see more details.

Steam-power and gunpowder is about as far as I would like to see things go. There is always Relic or Talisman: The Horus Heresy if people want anything more...

I agree!

Yes, please no space Marines, anti gravity platforms, battle droids or chainswords.

Chainsword I wouldn't mind, but no robots guns or vehicles.

We need chainswords, and bolt guns and artificer armor and power swords and lasguns......and SHOULDER MOUNTED LASCANNONS for my SM Terminator.

hehe

Seriously though, I would really like to add timescape to the mix but do not want space marines...maybe space marine scouts ;-)

So it's not being released on the 21st anymore, seems like it's being shipped on a Galleon :)

Still really excited seeing all the new features and updates and the boomstick will rock ;-)

That's good to know. Means my LGS should have it in a week or two.

Edited by Odinsson

Don't know if it matters but Amazon has been saying Mar 31, now it says apr 14 :/

My local dealer here in Sweden told me that since ffg was bought by Asmodee they can't buy from American distributors anymore and has to was wait for games to get to Europe, which might take some time if they continue to ship it by boat.

So April 14 might not be that off...

Cam someone confirm this info..?

Oh great I didn't know about that. I fear change!

Don't know if it matters but Amazon has been saying Mar 31, now it says apr 14 :/

This is not correct! Amazon says nothing!

The information is coming from collecTOYbles , offering The Catalysm on amazon.com.

Since Firelands expansion, I have chosen to patronize local business in my area. So I do hope I'm heading over there in a week or so.

Edited by 0beron

Since Firelands expansion, I have chosen to patronize local business in my area. So I do hope I'm heading over there in a week or so.

I hope the game arrives at my favorite local gaming store by the end of the week while I'm on vacation.

Edited by Kharavex

Hmmm, it says that the expansion's rulebook has been uploaded, but I don't see it...

I can't find it either

My local dealer here in Sweden told me that since ffg was bought by Asmodee they can't buy from American distributors anymore and has to was wait for games to get to Europe, which might take some time if they continue to ship it by boat.

So April 14 might not be that off...

Cam someone confirm this info..?

This might be the case when I enquired about pre ordering with Games Lore (UK) this is the reply I got:

Thanks for your email. While we do not have a confirmed release date for

Talisman Cataclysm the Fantasy Flight website shows that it is 'Shipping

Now'. This will be sent to the distributors and then out retailers, this can

be quick or take several weeks. The best way to find out when it becomes

available is to subscribe to our weekly newsletter, it will detail all the

new releases, pre-orders and restocks for the week to come. You can

subscribe by visiting our website homepage and clicking the link. We hope

this helps.

Edited by Neil 666

About the new preview

One interesting thing I was very surprised to see is that the game will begin with a dozen or so cards on the board already. Useful cards so the players will rush to get them. That will make the beginning of the game much more exciting. I would venture a guess that it will also make games quicker on average.

You might find that rushing to get the cards might not be the best strategy... :)

You might find that rushing to get the cards might not be the best strategy... :)

Why?

It is probable that not all remnants of the old world are nice...

That's not what the preview implies ;)

You can look at the Remnant Card of a location before deciding to explore any further, but more often than not, Remnants are well worth encountering.

At the minimum , you might discover a Broken Weapon