The Cataclysm new expansion is announced

By The Thing In The Attic, in Talisman

When chrome translates it for me it translates it to 6 charm cards, on the original game it translates them to talisman cards. Dunno if it's translation difficulty though lol.

Charm and talisman in polish can be expressed as the same word (talizman).

It sure is on the slow boat.....

it's a raft

I've been very good and patient. I love the astral travel pic, thanks!

FFG are still getting gold to by a axe to build the raft :) .

Sneak Peek #5: That artwork is absolutely gorgeous... :wub:

Though, with just the name, I would not have guessed what the spell actually does. :D

Pre-ordered from a UK supplier yesterday. Crossing fingers

Looks good. I will be curious as to how to use this set with the previous ones; especially the Harbinger, but I don't think there will be a problem.

Looks good. I will be curious as to how to use this set with the previous ones; especially the Harbinger, but I don't think there will be a problem.

If it amps up the difficulty of Harbinger even a little bit I can see the game going swimmingly..... by the 5th round everyone has a new character....by round 10 everyone is on their 3rd character. :-)

Seriously though, we are finding the harbinger expansion to be entirely brutal so if this plays off the name at all.....we are all (insert your favorite expletive here).

I expected the Black Knight to be a badass and he turns out to be a bit less than mediocre character... The Mutant, on the other hand, seems quite powerful, will probably get strong very fast, much faster than any other character could.

Edit: When I think about it second time, the Black Knight will definitely be fun to play with as he changes any space he is at to a Black Knight space atop the original one. In games with several characters he might as well become very irritating..

Edited by Cruan

Nice.

One thing I noticed about the characters mentioned is that none of them are good.

(Can't imagine the Barbarian being good but who knows).

Have some queries about character abilities but I'll wait for the rulebook to be published before I ask.

I just want to know WHEN it will be out. I've got more than enough Nectar card points to get it virtually for free on eBay, and enough to get some items for a cosplay I plan to debut at this year's summer London Film and Comic Con.

(For non-UK members, Nectar is a loyalty card where one can earn points from some stores, and use these for money off one's shopping in certain stores or on certain websites, including ebay)

Edited by The Hunter

I expected the Black Knight to be a badass and he turns out to be a bit less than mediocre character... The Mutant, on the other hand, seems quite powerful, will probably get strong very fast, much faster than any other character could.

Edit: When I think about it second time, the Black Knight will definitely be fun to play with as he changes any space he is at to a Black Knight space atop the original one. In games with several characters he might as well become very irritating..

Think about Dark Fate with the Mutant.

Wow, character previews already as well?? - Wasn't expecting that after the last time. :D

The Scavenger looks neat, as expected, though I would still like to know what the Remnants Deck is and how it comes into play.

I really, really like the Mutant. Looks like a ton of fun. [Though it is hard to make out, I still think my guess was right about who she used to be.]

I expected the Black Knight to be a badass and he turns out to be a bit less than mediocre character...

Now I feel kind of neglected... I posted his abilities here 4 months ago. :huh:

Like I said before, he looks fine to me. And don't forget about what the Spiked Shield does.

Even without having played him yet, I'm inclined to predict that he is indeed a strong character.

@ all: So, do you think this was the last preview before release or will we maybe get one more while the boat is traveling down the storm river?

Who do you think is the mutant? I'm curious!

The Priest.

The Priest.

Never. It's clearly a woman and I still stand by my early guess: It's the Enchantress. [Makes even sense from the abilities of the character.] ;)

The Priest.

Never. It's clearly a woman and I still stand by my early guess: It's the Enchantress. [Makes even sense from the abilities of the character.] ;)

Maybe the god he worshipped turned him into a woman. Nothing Tzeentch couldn't do, and couldn't want to do.. ;)

Maybe the god he worshipped turned him into a woman. Nothing Tzeentch couldn't do, and couldn't want to do.. ;)

It's obvious you're trying to get off a joke, but I'm afraid I didn't know Tizi before today and a quick read doesn't tell me where you are

trying to go with this one... :unsure:

Edited by Lorinor

When I first saw that I thought it said "Broomstick" (must be the Witch in me, lol). So, kinda steam - punkery... hmmmmm?

101513-this-is-my-BOOMSTICK-gif-Imgur-IZ

So how do folks feel about industrial age/era things showing up in Talisman? I'm willing to wait and see more details.

Edited by 0beron

So how do folks feel about industrial age/era things showing up in Talisman? I'm willing to wait and see more details.

All I can say is....TIMESCAPE! Woot-woot!