Coming back to Netrunner: what should I buy?

By JosephCurwen, in Android: Netrunner Deck Building

Ok so I have been out of the loop for a while, I have the core game, the first 2 data cycles, and the first big box expansion. Looking to start collecting again with maybe 6 data packs, or a big expansion with a couple data packs. So what would you say are the important data packs or big expansions to look at. Traditionally I have been playing Anarch and HB, but I'm really open to changing things up.

What I really want to know is if there are any particular things that are important to have in your decks that I should really focus on before I start collecting everything else.

Definitely Order & Chaos. No question there.

Since they are not a part of the rotation cycle the Big Box deluxe expansions are always a safe bet. Pick your favorite corp and runner faction and get the one or two deluxe expansion that has those factions.

I highly recommend try making decks in cardgamedb, print out and proxy the cards you don't have. Playtest with friends, and then after you're comfortable (and confident) with the decks you made, proceed to the purchasing phase. Buy the datapacks where those cards are at.

But as a general rule of thumb, buying deluxe expansions is always worth it imo.