How to prevent starving in a hive?

By Joeker, in Dark Heresy General Discussion

No not generally, mind you it doesn't mean you need to go out of your way to cause disaster. If the players are very creative or innovative there's no reason you shouldn't let the players have a win if it's earned.

Whilst it's funny to show good intentions ending up backfiring it could be quite frustrating for players to have great plans arbitrarily fail because that's the way "it should be".

No not generally, mind you it doesn't mean you need to go out of your way to cause disaster. If the players are very creative or innovative there's no reason you shouldn't let the players have a win if it's earned.

Whilst it's funny to show good intentions ending up backfiring it could be quite frustrating for players to have great plans arbitrarily fail because that's the way "it should be".

In my campaign my players started with good intentions, strong belives etc. They were a little bit puritans, with each adventure they become more and more disilluded and in ascension ended up being radicals.

In my vision inquisition is ruthless and doesn't care of anything but the overall survival of humanity, characters with empathy or charity will have everythig stripped from them sooner or later or will end dead (killed by their inquisitor). Afterall the imperium isn't a nice place and commoners are slaves to a dark and bigot rulership, inquisition is the dreaded weapon of the imperium. Spanish inquisition and secret polices are my inspirations to portray imperial inquisition, my players know there will be no cute kitties in my games but blood of guilty and innocent alike.

In the end all depends on the themes in your game.

In my campaign my players started with good intentions, strong belives etc. They were a little bit puritans, with each adventure they become more and more disilluded and in ascension ended up being radicals.

In my vision inquisition is ruthless and doesn't care of anything but the overall survival of humanity, characters with empathy or charity will have everythig stripped from them sooner or later or will end dead (killed by their inquisitor). Afterall the imperium isn't a nice place and commoners are slaves to a dark and bigot rulership, inquisition is the dreaded weapon of the imperium. Spanish inquisition and secret polices are my inspirations to portray imperial inquisition, my players know there will be no cute kittens in my games but blood of guilty and innocent alike.