Finished Campaign - Overall Thoughts

By JohnGarrison1870, in Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game

I've succeeded with all quests on solo using the wizard and priest. After playing through delve with the same characters, they seem to be the most powerful combination. I like all of the characters, but those two have the ability to generate a huge number of success tokens which allows them more of everything, and the priests aid text helps to keep the wound cost of the wizard's abilities down. As far as I'm concerned, using them in solo Is easy mode, but I am also known to be a damnably lucky die roller.

I need to experiment with some other combos to be sure about this, my conclusions are mainly based on mental calculations. P/W will not ensure a victory on quest 3, but they have the best opportunity to complete it.

I'm looking forward to going through the main quest a few more times with different characters to see how it plays out, but I enjoyed it. I felt like I always had pressure on me to make good decisions, and just a couple of bad rolls can put you in a nasty spot as the peril track advances.

That's interesting. Others seem to be reporting that the wizard can indeed put out the most hurt, but only in 3 and especially 4 player games. However most also seem to be reporting (and I have experienced myself) that she seems to be underpowered when playing with two/solo. Glad to hear someone is getting her to work well in those smaller games.

My own personal opinion, having played the game with 2,3, and 4 players, is that the difficulty really stems from the amount of monsters the party can engage. The game spawns the same number of monsters regardless of the number of heroes. But the party can only engage a maximum of 3 monsters per hero, or 6, 9, and 12 monsters, respectively. In my 4 player games we really had no problem keeping the monsters below our engagement max, but in a two player game this has been challenging. The difficulty here is that when you spawn a monster and the hero is already engaged with 3 monsters, the spawning monster automatically does damage and then goes to the shadows. And I think this mechanic is the real difference in the difficulty among the different party sizes.

My own personal opinion, having played the game with 2,3, and 4 players, is that the difficulty really stems from the amount of monsters the party can engage. The game spawns the same number of monsters regardless of the number of heroes. But the party can only engage a maximum of 3 monsters per hero, or 6, 9, and 12 monsters, respectively. In my 4 player games we really had no problem keeping the monsters below our engagement max, but in a two player game this has been challenging. The difficulty here is that when you spawn a monster and the hero is already engaged with 3 monsters, the spawning monster automatically does damage and then goes to the shadows. And I think this mechanic is the real difference in the difficulty among the different party sizes.

Are you removing enemies I'm the shadow when you travel? Doing this, especially if the waywatcher rests one up there first, keeps em down.

Are you removing enemies I'm the shadow when you travel? Doing this, especially if the waywatcher rests one up there first, keeps em down.

Yes, when the enemy allows us to. :D

I should have been more specific, but I was mostly referring to final mission of the campaign where monsters are nearly constantly spawning in the final room, and the fourth mission which has no travel. Again, at least my experience, which is not exhaustive... at least not yet. :)