Any risk/chance of no expansions?

By Marten, in Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game

Do you think there is a risk we won't see any expansions?

My opinion is that this game would be ripe for new quests, gear, Heros. But like you just hopefull tight now haven't seen anything yet.

New expansions would definitely be cool. Do a couple of heroes (maybe a high elf swordsman and another human - some type of rogue character), a couple new enemies, a new campaign, and an option to link campaigns.

The only risk I see is that Warhammer Fantasy games don't always seem to do all that well for FFG. But that is purely speculation based on very limited evidence.

Invasion - canceled

WFRP - canceled after a very nice run

Diskwars - two expansions, OP canceled after one season, radio silence

I'm hopeful we at least get a couple of expansions, maybe even some high level campaigns with tier III and IV monsters. But I wouldn't expect a lot of them. Nothing like X-Wing, Armada or Imperial Assault.

I also think FFG really likes Warhammer and would love to do more games/expansions in the setting. The sales of the core set just have to justify it.

Edited by cparadis

I'd say the chance of no expansions is pretty small. It's been flying off shelves. Both CSI and MM are sold out, and I know CSI has gotten in restocks at least once. FFG positioned it to be expandable, giving it it's own product code sequence. I do think to an extent that they floated this as an experiment. A smaller box card game with expandability that won't reach LCG level. I honestly believe that this has expandability options approaching Decent/Imperial Assault levels, but with LCG or cheaper cost models.

I would be very surprised if there were no expansions; the game can very easily support them.

They could even just do some print on Demand heroes...

The rule book seems to allude to the idea that the included campaign isn't the only one that will exist.

New quests and heroes would be really cool.

I'd say the chance of no expansions is pretty small. It's been flying off shelves. Both CSI and MM are sold out, and I know CSI has gotten in restocks at least once. FFG positioned it to be expandable, giving it it's own product code sequence. I do think to an extent that they floated this as an experiment. A smaller box card game with expandability that won't reach LCG level. I honestly believe that this has expandability options approaching Decent/Imperial Assault levels, but with LCG or cheaper cost models.

Yeah, seems like the word going around is that it's pretty hard to find at this point. It's also been listed pretty high on the BGG hotness list since it was released and has been getting positive reviews all around. Given all that I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty of extra content in the future.

I suspect the first print run was relatively small, this being a new product line in an IP that possibly hasn't been as strong as FFG would have liked.

So, despite it selling out fast, I wouldn't be surprised if they do another print run and see whether the strong sales continue before they will commit to any expansions.

I fully expect there to be some though. I'd think only some serious behind-the-scenes drama or some bizarre quirk of business operations would stop them.

The only risk I see is that Warhammer Fantasy games don't always seem to do all that well for FFG. But that is purely speculation based on very limited evidence.

I also think FFG really likes Warhammer and would love to do more games/expansions in the setting. The sales of the core set just have to justify it.

Maybe this is just my experience, but it seem sto me like Warhammer fantasy doesn't do that well in general. At least in the places I played in (when I used to play), 40k always seemed to outstrip Fantasy by a large margin.

New expansions would definitely be cool. Do a couple of heroes (maybe a high elf swordsman and another human - some type of rogue character), a couple new enemies, a new campaign, and an option to link campaigns.

High Elf Swordmaster and Empire Witch Hunter would be awesome. Also a Dwarf Trollslayer!

High Elf Swordmaster and Empire Witch Hunter would be awesome. Also a Dwarf Trollslayer!

Or a High Elf Archmage or White Lion, Dwarf Runepriest.

This game is my first exposure to the Warhammer Fantasy universe. Really hoping for expansions for this game.

Dwarf Runepriest? High Elf Swordmaster? Dwarf Trollslayer?

I probably still have some more money to give you FFG. Lets do this.

When can we expect to have reprints of the Witch Hunter & Trollslayer Expansion Packs available to us?

Rather steep prices on eBay and Amazon to get your hands on theses.. please release again!!

When can we expect to have reprints of the Witch Hunter & Trollslayer Expansion Packs available to us?
Rather steep prices on eBay and Amazon to get your hands on theses.. please release again!!

Most likely never at this point.

However... I saw they had a few copies of each left at the FFG Games Center this past weekend. You could probably call them up and have them send them to you.

Probably if they have copies unsold, they'll put them for sale on the usual Holiday sale. Not having them "available" through the site could be included in the clause of them not printing any new material for the GW lines. Dunno. Wait, or call them and ask

Probably if they have copies unsold, they'll put them for sale on the usual Holiday sale. Not having them "available" through the site could be included in the clause of them not printing any new material for the GW lines. Dunno. Wait, or call them and ask

I asked FFG about a different POD line and they said that print on demmand constitutes "manufacturing" which they can no longer do, they can only sell already-manufactured stock (eg on the boat)

So sadly the answer is no reprint at all