Com-boss (combinations that makes You a boss ;) )

By Krishakh, in Runebound

Have You found any interesting combos in Your 3rd Runebound edition adventures?

Combinations of the gear, equipment and other stuff?

Here's the one that made my yesterday's Margath's fight very unfair for the poor beast... ;)

I've acquired rather cheap weapon in Tamriel - Family Heirloom - costing just 6 gold pieces.

But when I saw Runic Armor in Forge, I sold everything except the sword to get this. Paid 11 gold pieces and received rather nasty combination:

Runic Armor - 1 surge Empower: Trigger a surge ability as if you spent 3 surge on it.

Family Heirloom - 3 surge Hidden Power: Deal 5 damage.

I didn't even need to train much to finish Margath with this deadly set. ^_^

Family Heirloom for Laurel is one of my favorite weapons. She already has surges on 2 of her tokens and Family Heirloom gives a surge in its token too. It can already trigger for very little investment. That and Inner Fire skill helps her recast spent tokens to help get those 3 surges. And to make that deadlier, any gear that gives surges and uses surges makes her more effective.

Have You found any interesting combos in Your 3rd Runebound edition adventures?

Combinations of the gear, equipment and other stuff?

Here's the one that made my yesterday's Margath's fight very unfair for the poor beast... ;)

I've acquired rather cheap weapon in Tamriel - Family Heirloom - costing just 6 gold pieces.

But when I saw Runic Armor in Forge, I sold everything except the sword to get this. Paid 11 gold pieces and received rather nasty combination:

Runic Armor - 1 surge Empower: Trigger a surge ability as if you spent 3 surge on it.

Family Heirloom - 3 surge Hidden Power: Deal 5 damage.

I didn't even need to train much to finish Margath with this deadly set. ^_^

Lyssa and her imba skill that lets you explore and do damage. Combine it with the two ability cards that let you use it more than once and a free second use and she is completely broken. Add items that give more movement die, Add exert to reroll the dice to max the damage and she is even more broken. I did about 11 damage in one round with this to the boss. It's so far out of pace with anything else i've seen in the game with other combos that I feel its just flat out OP and needs a home rule or future nerf.

But every character has some sort of potential combo that does something like that. It's not broken because it's a difficult combo to get and involves a heavy dose of luck to achieve.