RtL Questions...

By MaHaPaTe, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hello everybody...

I got two questions about RtL. I'm sure they're not the last ones :)

1) How many cards does your OL-Card-Deck contain at the start of a dungeon? We got all expansions out there (except for ToI) so we got many, many OL-Cards but I don't think we have to use all of them! I don't know why but somehow I have the number 36 in mind...

2) An easy one but i can't find the answer and had several discussions with my 'party'.... When the OL plays a trap card (e.g. crushing block) and the hero is hit (he doesn't throw a blank) does this end his turn or can he, after gettin hit and losin' life, continue his turn?

THX for that... more might follow ;)

Hi,

MaHaPaTe said:

1) How many cards does your OL-Card-Deck contain at the start of a dungeon? We got all expansions out there (except for ToI) so we got many, many OL-Cards but I don't think we have to use all of them! I don't know why but somehow I have the number 36 in mind...

It's 46 if I'm not mistaken. You have to use all of them, but can buy the "Focused" upgrade to remove four of them, or Treachery to swap some out.

MaHaPaTe said:

2) An easy one but i can't find the answer and had several discussions with my 'party'.... When the OL plays a trap card (e.g. crushing block) and the hero is hit (he doesn't throw a blank) does this end his turn or can he, after gettin hit and losin' life, continue his turn?

The hero can continue his turn, except noted otherwise on the card. Some trap cards specifically say that the hero's turn ends immediately; if not, the hero might still use his remaining movement points.

-Kylearan

First, thx for your quick answer!

But if we would use all of our OL-Cards (without the treachery cards of course) we'd play with 64 cards. I don't know how but that's the number we have. But I think 46 sounds quite fair... Gonna look throuhgh them. Perhaps we forgot at some point to exchange some of them as we got a new expansion.

Some of them are reprints, cards that have been updated when a new expansion came out. If you have a duplicate, you should usually put aside the card with no markings and keep the card with a little marker in the corner (indicating what expansion it's from)

Hi,

MaHaPaTe said:

But if we would use all of our OL-Cards (without the treachery cards of course) we'd play with 64 cards. I don't know how but that's the number we have.

I don't know why you have so many cards gui%C3%B1o.gif , but to find out which card should be in the OL deck how often, there's an excel reference sheet on BGG which lists all the cards and their count. Here's the link:

boardgamegeek.com/file/info/33009

Hope that helps,

-Kylearan

Alright!

That really helps a lot.

Thx for that!

What about the new normal spawns cards in the expansions? Don't they increase the overlord deck's size or should they replace existing spawn cards?

In my opinion they should be added just like the trap and event cards with no treachery cost as they are 'normal' OL-Cards.

So if I put them together as stated in the excel sheet posted, i count 49 OL crads. (Including the expansion cards.) That seems quite fair to me as the OL would need 25 turns to finish his deck which should be possible in a whole dungeon.