Mordheim

By Ralzar, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

I recently started playing the Mordheim PC game that just came out. The game is pretty fun allthough it has a lot of frustrating design chioces and I haven't cursed dice rolls this much since I played Blood Bowl.

Anyway, this made me start thinking about Mordheim and what an interesting and extremely handy place it is for WFRP campaigns. The place is packed with different NPC factions to fight/negotiate/ally with, treasure to seek and the Shadowlord as a big baddie. I can easily imagine making a campaign about a small band of treasure hunters attempting to make it rich in Mordheim. If a PC dies, all you need is for the party to run into another character that is seeking the treasures of the city. And you have an easy "Quest giver" in the form of nobles etc willing to pay for they right items.

One problem though: There seems to be an allmost criminal lack of information about Mordheim online. I was really surprised, seeing as you had the Mordheim tabletop game, the Shadowlord being a major player in the End Times event and now a PC game as well. There should be quite a lot of fluff floating around, but even the online versions of the Mordheim tabletop rules have no background info at all.

So, do any of you guys have any solid info about Mordheim? Any of the old WFRP2e books perhaps?

Edited by Ralzar

As The End Times destroyed the Warhammer World, I started to thing about various dates in the Warhammer history, that could be interesting ages to set up a campaign. "Age of corrupted Mordheim" is one of them. But, your question about the background fluff is good one - I'm also interested is there some online source with more info that I have not yet discovered?

Little background: The warpstone meteorite hits the city either 1999 or 2000 IC (different sources have different years, but it seems to happen New Years Eve). And I think the games start just after that... And it was Magnus the Pios who ordered the burning of this place. Well, that would probably happen around 2300 then (before or after the Great War Against Chaos ). So, that leaves couple of centuries of timeline with corrupted Mordheim. Centuries which themselves are pretty interesting as the Wars of the Vampire Counts start pretty soon after the destruction of the Mordheim.

There isn't really much info about Mordheim in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. You should try to find more info about the original Mordheim skirmish game. It has fan-base, that might have created more fan-based background info too. But truth is - I have also found more warband info. Here is some links, that might help:

http://www.mordheimer.com/articles/introduction.htm

Wikipedia

Also, I'm pretty sure White Dwarf magazines, from the time when Mordheim came out, might have had some good info. And then you could try to find Town Cryer issues online.

There was a pretty good graphic novel that was based in Mordheim as well, The adventures of Ulli and Marquand, I think was the name of it? But your best bet is finding any of the fluff from the skirmish game and you should be fine from there.