Legendary Gear

By MT_Nogn, in Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game

I have read through the rules a couple of times now and have two questions that I need a little help with. An FAQ for this game would be very helpful before any expansions com out.

1. Should the legendary gear card be shuffled into the gear deck when setting up for a quest, so its possible to get one as one of your open cards. Or are they only shuffled in when you receive them into your campaign pool.

2. Once a hero receives one of their legendary items do the get to keep it permanently or only till the next settlement phase of the quest.

1) From the gear entry in the RRG, second bullet:

“Legendary Fortune” cards are not shuffled in unless they are part of the campaign pool.

2) That's why there's space for it on the Quest Log. Once earned it's yours to keep.

Thanks I don't know how I missed that.

Thanks. I know how I missed it, it's not explained in the learn to play guide.

The Learn to play guide has this description "When creating a gear deck, a quest sheet will instruct the party to include a number of open gear cards. The party randomly includes the specified number of gear cards and places the remaining gear cards in the game box as they will not be used during the quest."

The Rules Reference guide has this description: "When creating decks during quest setup, the players create a gear deck consisting of a specific number of gear cards as well as each "Legendary Fortune" card from the campaign pool. "Legendary Fortune" cards are not shuffled in unless they are part of the campaign pool."

So what happened to me is that i shuffled all the gear cards without looking at them. Then when playing the first quest, I of course pulled a legendary fortune card and wondered what to do with it. Then I reached the winning conditions of the first quest telling you to put a legendary gear card in the campaign pool. It's only a this point that I understood that there are two types of gear cards and that they should not be shuffled as I did.