new expansions?

By Carrion Prince, in The Lord of the Rings: The Board Game

Has anyone heard anything about new expansions? I have all three (Friends & Foes, Sauron, and Battlefields) and would still like to see more. Perhaps even just a deck of new feature cards or something.

I've heard that we won't be having any more expansions. The last expansion, Battlefields, was expensive due to the fact that they only made a limited run. The game is really at the end of it's life cycle. It never was a smash hit, and the two expansions did progressively worse. The Battlefields expansion was more fan service than anything else.

So, if you have it all, you can rest knowing that you have it all (O: (unless they delight us with a surprise expansion or second edition)

Eventually, things must stop.

They could keep adding more cards to the game forever, but eventually everyone would just wear down and lose interest in the game.

It is better that they stop while people are still interested in the game than kill it by pumping out more and more stuff.

That is just my take on it. I know that there are probably people out there who could never get enough, but they are likely relatively few. happy.gif

I for one love complicated, intricate boardgames but I think this game has reached its limits. All the major characters and memorable scenes from the books are somehow represented, plus a lot of minor plot points as well. The Battlefields expansion already feels like a bolted on second game - anything further would be too much.

I have play all expansions, and the expansion that i like the most is friend&Foes .

I must say that battlefiels is not a really great expansion. It will keep you away from the main game because it's actually a game itself.

And it's difficult to get all the bonussen.

I have never play the sauron expansion because you need too much players for it.