Is only war dead?

By felismachina, in Only War

There's a copy of the core rulebook on Ebay UK for £25 ending tomorrow - seems quite a steal

it went for £35 in the end, i made the mistake of being offline when it came up to the end of the sale and got sniped at the last second lol

To further my frustration,......not ten minutes after the **** thing sold i got a sale on another site (lead adventure forum) of a load of dark age 28mm stuff i've been trying to sell and could have easily paid a bit more for the only war rules had i known lol

Well I cant say if the Game has a glamorous future but I run two separate parties though the same Campaign side by side with ~12 players so I am doing what I can to keep the game strong.

Ah, but the game won't be dead as long as it has people playing it, and a community coming up with cool homerules and other stuff.

The PDFs being taken down, on the other hand, truly is a sad thing. :(

Yeah... I was thinking about buying them all (or at least most of them) so that I would have them available if I ever got to play the WH40k RPG again. Now that's not gonna happen, and if I ever want to play the game, I'll have to pirate the product.

At least for Only War I do legally possess all the PDFs, since there aren't so many.

Very, very sad to see the PDFs go down. There were a fair few books that I would have liked to own before the end as I didn't think the PDFs would ge down until later february 2017.

Very, very sad to see the PDFs go down. There were a fair few books that I would have liked to own before the end as I didn't think the PDFs would ge down until later february 2017.

Nothing is stopping you from getting them necessarily now. Especially since there's no legal way to get them.

Nothing is stopping you from getting them necessarily now. Especially since there's no legal way to get them.

While true that I could get them, I do prefer to actually buy my products.

As do I, I'm currently trying to track down a copy of the OW core rulebook myself. But after a certain point when you can't legally obtain it and you can't get it without paying an exorbitant amount. Well...yeah.

As do I, I'm currently trying to track down a copy of the OW core rulebook myself. But after a certain point when you can't legally obtain it and you can't get it without paying an exorbitant amount. Well...yeah.

I agree, and the removal of the PDFs has made me take a less harsh line of the ways that others can get hold of the products. But I don't think that we are really at the point where ebay is the only option, yet.

Finally managed to get a copy og both the OW rolebook and Shield of Humanity courtest of a facebook selling group in the uK

let the games begin :)

Ah, but the game won't be dead as long as it has people playing it, and a community coming up with cool homerules and other stuff.

The PDFs being taken down, on the other hand, truly is a sad thing. :(

True. So... where you migrating to now, Lyn?

Alex

This. Also Shadowrun 5E core arrived at my place yesterday. Just holding such a beautiful book in one's hands, it's smell, the feeling of turning the fresh pages... I feel it's very well worth paying for good quality print books. Now, I like PDFs for scenarios, stuff that only gets used once and which I don't have to pass back and forth to my players. But core rulebooks and key supplements? Hardcopies every time, all the time.

Alex

This. Also Shadowrun 5E core arrived at my place yesterday. Just holding such a beautiful book in one's hands, it's smell, the feeling of turning the fresh pages... I feel it's very well worth paying for good quality print books. Now, I like PDFs for scenarios, stuff that only gets used once and which I don't have to pass back and forth to my players. But core rulebooks and key supplements? Hardcopies every time, all the time.

Alex

I always encourage my players to get the CRB and the supplement of their class with some in game bonuses.

For example, with the Star Wars RPG, I'm going for 10 bonus XP for the CRB and 5 bonus XP with a character reroll for the supplements. If a player has both, then it is 10 XP and a reroll.

I don't think it's healthy to encourage pay for xp mechanics. It sort of pressures players into spending cash.