Inexorable advance - engage ?

By mickcatron, in Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game

So in the first step where he may engage 2 enemies, can he pull them from anywhere assuming he is not at capacity?

For instance can he pull an engaged enemy from another player?

From the shadows face down or face up ?

Hi Mickatron, you can engage an enemy from another hero's engagement zone or an enemy from the shadows as long as the text on the enemy card doesn't provent it from being engaged. This is a good way to draw heat off another hero in trouble.

When engaging an enemy from the shadows, you flip the card face up.

That's what I thought thanks

Hi Mickatron, you can engage an enemy from another hero's engagement zone or an enemy from the shadows as long as the text on the enemy card doesn't provent it from being engaged. This is a good way to draw heat off another hero in trouble.

This answer bothers me since there's no explicit rule that states it. Logically to me a hero would need a special ability like the Iornbreaker "Shield Wall" to engage off of someone else. I guess I'm thinking along the lines of a MMO, where you have to have some taunt skill to refocus the enemy away from it's target. All that being said, there's nothing that says you can't do it either.

This answer bothers me since there's no explicit rule that states it. Logically to me a hero would need a special ability like the Iornbreaker "Shield Wall" to engage off of someone else. I guess I'm thinking along the lines of a MMO, where you have to have some taunt skill to refocus the enemy away from it's target. All that being said, there's nothing that says you can't do it either.

The rule book says that when you Engage the card is placed directly in your engagement zone. They don't explicitly state transfers from zones, but with most FFG games: do as the rules say, or however the card tells you (as they like to break game rules on cards). Engaging an unflipped enemy can always be fun, nothing like pulling a 3 damage Elite at you and rolling scratches all day long. ;)

Its also a cool tactic if you have allready 3 enemies engaged, you "can" engaged a 4 one and send this mob directly into shadow, for suffering 1 wound.

This answer bothers me since there's no explicit rule that states it. Logically to me a hero would need a special ability like the Iornbreaker "Shield Wall" to engage off of someone else.

Our read on Shield Wall is that it's actually a limitation - you can normally engage one from anywhere, but Shield Wall must come from another player.

Hi

I thought you had to have the key words "RANGED WEAPON" to engage an enemy in another Hero's engagement zone?

Hi

Also Attacking more than one enemy in a hero's turn only applies to monsters in that hero's engagement zone unless the hero has a ranged weapon.

That's to attack in another engagement zone without having the enemy come to yours. Engaging will bring the enemy to you.

Its also a cool tactic if you have allready 3 enemies engaged, you "can" engaged a 4 one and send this mob directly into shadow, for suffering 1 wound.

Is this right? It sounds like a stretch and I never considered it a possibility. I know enemies spawn to the shadows when you already have 3 in front of you, but I don't think you can send all your engaged enemies to the shadows by engaging a 4th.

I think he means you send the 4th monster into the shadows, not all 4 monsters. The three stay engaged and if you select a 4th monster that has an ability that only activates if engaged, you can negate that ability by engaging them and so sending them to the shadows.