The Amaranthine Syndicate and Slaught Ships and Components

By Santiago, in Rogue Trader House Rules

Hi,

The Amaranthine Syndicate and their shady backing sounds perfect for a great Rogue Trader campaign.
While the Syndicate would use mainly normal trade ships, perhaps enhanced by some hidden Xeno parts the Slaught would use hard to find biomechanical ships.

This biomechanical technology I picture like the ones the Wraith use in SG: Atlantis and the Cylons use in BSG.

So what kind of Xeno parts are we talking off?

The ones available can all be used and perhaps only need to be renamed, but I could imagen a lot of strange other components:

Organic Skeleton:
A black chitinous structure has grown inside the vessel, strengthening from the inside out, making it both harder to damage and harder to penetrate
Power: 2
Space: 2
SP: 3
Effect:
Increase the vessels Armour by 1 and add +3 Hull Integrity
Inhuman:
If the vessel is manned by a human crew permanently substract 10 from the Morale

Mitosis Core:
Prerequisite: Organic Skeleton or Slaught Hull
A ship possessing this component heals itself, it commands the organic parts of the ship to regro.
Power: 6
Space: 6
SP: 3
Effect:
Each turn or half hour in narrative time the vessel regenerates 1d5 Hull Integrity Points or 1 Critical Level
Damaged components count as 5 wounds, Destroyed Component as 20 but can only be regrown if biomechanical
It Lives:
Decrease the Morale of Human crews by 20 permanently

Okay these are 2 quick examples...any more ideas...???

GrtZ,

S.

I never pictured the Slaught as having their own ships - I figured that they were planet-bound until the first time some foolish trader landed amongst them and they found a doorway to the Void. Now they exist as parasites hidden among the ships of the Imperium - that's a lot safer than having your own distinctive ships to get shot-up.

Yes, but DotDG describes them having vile biomechanical necro tech....the Amaranthine Syndicate might have some Slaught Xeno parts....perhaps not now but in the future...
And a "culture" so advanced is bound to have a home planet and some ships...

Perhaps once they did, but they may have fallen quite far from the times of needing spacefaring vessels of their own. It's also possible that Slaught tech isn't even of their own design.

pretty sure they do have there own ships remember that they whiped out a imperial fleet in the calixas sector ( the worms that walk have come for us all) and i think i remember somwhere a discription about there ships ( tumour like vessel ) but i cant be sure

I was missing something...there weren't any smuggling bays for transports and raiders, which would and should be in high demand so here you go.
It also nicely complements the Amaranthine smuggling operations.

Hidden Cargo Hold
Appropriate Hull Types: Transports, Raiders, Frigates
Power: 1
Space: 2
SP: +2
Hidden beneath floor plates or in between bulkheads, these hidden stowage rooms are ideal for smuggling or hiding those illicit Xeno artefacts.
Smuggling:
When working towards Trade or Criminal objectives, the players earn an additional 50 Achievement Points towards completing that objective

This would be a typical ship employed by the Amaranthine Syndicate for normal trading an of course smuggling...

Vagabond-Class Merchant Trader

Speed: 4
Detection: +10
Armour: 13
Void Shield: 1
Space: 40 (40 Used)
Power: 40 (40 Used)
Weapon Capacity: 1 Dorsal, 1 Prow
Manoeuvrability: -5
Hull Integrity: 40
Turret Rating: 1

Components:
Lathe Patter Class 1 Drive, Strelove 1 Warp Engine, Geller Field, Single Void Shield Array, Commerce Bridge, Vitae Pattern Life Sustainer, Voidsman Quarters, M-100 Auger Array, Main Cargo Hold (x2), Mars Pattern Macro Cannons (x2), Luxury Passenger Quarters, Hidden Cargo Hold, Crack Crew

The total cost of this ship would be 32 SP

The Slaught do indeed have their own ships it is stated both in the GM kit under the Slaugth Infiltrator and in DotDG that their "dark/black tanebrous vessels..." can't remember the exact phrase and I do not have the book around me at this time.

If making Slaught vessels I would think they should reflect their inhuman crew: rare, few yet over-the-top-deadly. you would likely only ever meet one or two never a fleet but a "Raider/Frigate" Slaught ship should be a match for an imperial cruiser.... or thats my opinon. But then again your chances of meeting a Slaught vessel is slim as they operate in the Hazeroth Abyss which is nearly the oppisite side of the Calixis Sector from the Koronus Expanse where Rogue Traders normally operate.

The chances of meeting (fill in Xeno Race) is always small....but it is up to you to create fun and dangerous adventures, if you need to change the fluf a little...its a big Void out there and one never knows why they are there...

Oh, next creation:

Hazeroth-Class Privateer

Speed: 11
Detection: +17
Armour: 14
Void Shield: 1
Space: 35 (35 Used)
Power: 45 (45 Used)
Weapon Capacity: 1 Dorsal, 1 Prow
Manoeuvrability: +33
Hull Integrity: 32
Turret Rating: 1
SP: 46

Components
Jovian Pattern Class II Drive, Strelov 1 Warp Engine, Geller Field, Single Void Shield Array, Command Bridge, Vitae Patter Life Sustainer, Voidsman Quarters, Mark-201.b Auger Array, Mars Patter Macro Cannons (x2), Hidden Cargo Hold, Augmented Retro-thrusters, Gravity Sails, Luxury Passenger Quarters, Crack Crew

These very fast and illegal ships are used to evade the law, smuggle xeno artefacts and wanted criminals.
Some of them are fitted with cloaking devices to hide their true colours.

The Amaranthine Syndicate would never do anything as moronic as mount Slaugh tech on their ships. Even if it was compatible it's fairly recognizable and an automatic death sentence. Most of the Syndicate has no idea that they're working for the Slaugh anyway. On the other hand they would gain all kinds of wealth from their involvement in the Cold Trade and might have all kinds of top of the line and grey area gear. As for the Slaugh ships themselves, as has been said previously, they'll be nasty. There's also a good chance that they can go FTL without using the warp and the Charnel Stars in the Kronus Expanse is one of the areas suspected of harboring their home worlds.