Adam deckbuilding

By Rain King, in Android: Netrunner Rules Questions

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this one but I want to confirm. Adam reads:

You start the game with 3 different directive cards installed (these cards are not considered part of your deck.)

The part in parentheses means that they do not count towards the 45 card minimum deck size, correct? I ask because I have noticed a handful of Adam decks on NRDB that appear to be counting them towards the deck size and wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something.

There is nothing that says you can't include extras in your deck, but that seems pretty pointless.

Correct, they do not count towards the 45 card minimum.

Thank you.

Completely guessing but I'd guess that it's just a matter that the online deckbuilders are just not context-sensitive enough to not count them in the total card count. This and the upcoming Alliance cards have me guessing that they're trolling the third-party deckbuilding sites just a little.

Completely guessing but I'd guess that it's just a matter that the online deckbuilders are just not context-sensitive enough to not count them in the total card count. This and the upcoming Alliance cards have me guessing that they're trolling the third-party deckbuilding sites just a little.

That's what I figured too. In at least one list that I saw I noticed that the total card count was exactly 45. If you didn't count the three directives that were listed then the deck only had 42 cards. I just wanted to double check before I made a comment there. I would hate to point out a mistake if it actually wasn't one.

Are you sure they aren't just taking an extra copy of each?

I've posted Adam decks where I maindeck extra Directives, so it could be as nungunz suggests. I didn't realise originally that online platforms required you to include the mandatory Directives as part of your deck count so I was playing with an illegal deck for a while (I was starting with a 37-card stack after opening draw simply because I didn't think to look - I assumed that picking Adam would auto-generate pre-installed Directives for you).

That occurred to me as well but it seems unlikely to me. Why would you do that? If you're tagged and the corp trashes it?

If they were including them for playing on OCTGN or whatever then the card count should be 48.

That occurred to me as well but it seems unlikely to me. Why would you do that? If you're tagged and the corp trashes it?

Some people juggle geese.

Some people juggle geese.

Sometimes you want to use Independent thinking for mental draw, then reinstall and do it again. Sometimes you need to get rid of multiple Directives for a few turns but decide you want them back later. And yes, sometimes the Corp trashes them and you REALLY wish they hadn't.

I normally don't proxy cards, but in the case of Adam's directive cards those are the perfect candidate for proxying.