Curse of the ancient mariner and Manical laughter

By deathcritis1, in UFS Rules Q & A

Question when you use the E on curse and pop ML does curse's E gets negated ?

...what? Nothing on Maniacal Laughter negates anything. What are you asking?

The enhance's restriction only applies at the moment you initialize the playing of it. When you go to play it, does your opponent have more momentum? If the answer is yes, you may play the enhance. You then destroy Maniacal Laughter and end up receiving 3 momentum.

Tagrineth said:

...what? Nothing on Maniacal Laughter negates anything. What are you asking?

He's referring to blowing up ML which gives him a momentum...if his opponent already has only 1 momentum, he would no longer have more momentum than the CoAM player.

my bad people I only had about 5 mins at my job to explain so here we go : I ment if I use Curse's E when my opponent has at least one momentum and I blow up ML will curse's E fizzle out cause my opponent no longer has more momentum than me or will it net me three momentum ?. That's what I ment my bad.

What has been said is true.

CotAM's ability restricts when it can be played, nothing else. Maniacal Laughter's ability says "After this foundation is destroyed," so the timeline would be:

Play Curse of the Ancient Mariner,

Try and play its ability,

check for restrictions(less momentum),

Pay cost (destroy Maniacal Laughter),

Cost is paid,

Gain momentum from static text,

Gain momentum from ability

So no problems with that interaction. Now if there were ever a card that said 'Before you destroy this foundation,' we would have a problem.

-Tinman