Rules are up!

By Nagash1959, in Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game

Yes, but normally after the game has been released, not before. I'm celebrating the timing, because I'm stuck at home with only so much I can do right now.

Yes, but normally after the game has been released, not before. I'm celebrating the timing, because I'm stuck at home with only so much I can do right now.

Actually it's before release. But anyway enjoy.

Based on the games I've paid attention to, it's been more usual lately for rules to be published at or after the point where the game's available, not before.

Yeah, lately I've seen more games have rules go up after release, but over the past few years, the majority of rules were posted about a week before the product hit the shelves.

ANYWAY, time to go read up on the rules! So excited!

Wow....I hope they uploaded an earlier draft by mistake. Both documents are filled with typos. The Rules Reference seems to have been typed on a computer with a bad H key. 12 separate instances on page 2 alone of the letter missing, several in the title of the game. I really hope that didn't make it into production that way.

Really? Allan Kennedy was the proofreader for the product, I've worked with him on other games and he's usually 100% great both on grammar / spelling and rules lawyery

Out of curiosity: GDW games must be worded according to the British English; possibly the typos you spot could be due to the fact you were expecting standard American English to be used? Just asking, I didn't have the time to go through the rules yet

I have downloaded the PDFs and I'm not seeing the missing H problem on page 2 of Rules Reference. Nagash1959 perhaps your

PDF reader or browser are not displaying the document correctly for some reason?

Yeah. I have observed no misprints or whatsoever while reading this stuff.

Wow....I hope they uploaded an earlier draft by mistake. Both documents are filled with typos. The Rules Reference seems to have been typed on a computer with a bad H key. 12 separate instances on page 2 alone of the letter missing, several in the title of the game. I really hope that didn't make it into production that way.

Yeah, downloading it again got rid of it. One copy has a lot of missing letters and the other doesn't. Bizarre.

The rules seem solid. Some observations:

- The rulebook doesn't say you can't travel to a new location whilst still engaged with enemies? That seems odd. Only non-nemesis enemies in the shadows are discarded too, which seems to mean you can travel from say the marshes to the city with a goblin warband hacking at you.

- Only four characters. Expansions likely on the horizon though

- Limited advancement: your four skills literally have a predetermined advanced skill, no choices here but which skill to advance first. Would have been nice to have at least two advanced skills to pick from.

- Depending on how many cards the campaign pool consists of, it could be annoying to have to sort them out of each deck after each quest.

I hope it's tuned to be hard as the rulebook suggests. With five quests in the campaign, easygoing would have it's interest wane quickly.

Nothing odd, game would stall for too long would you be required to defeat everything to simply travel. And would have less gameplay option also, which would be bad. More of it, advance action would practically lose it's meaning.

Edited by John Constantine

There's also countervailing issues againts moving with engaged enmies. Spawns at the new location and engaged limits. The question is, do those negatives outweigh the current location event.

The single quest us OK in my book, I expect a larger portion on my play time will be the Delve Quest anyway.