Martial arts champion

By Lunatiq, in UFS Rules Q & A

I'm pretty sure the answer to this is no, but to make sure, basically would martial arts champion stop King's Form to get a card from his discard and play it. Im wondering if getting that card from your discard counts as drawing it or if at that point the card counts as going to your hand or if it completely bypasses that and goes straight to the field.

Martial arts champion- R commit: after a player plays a card or ability that will draw cards or add cards to their hand, negate the effects of that card or ability.

King F commit, reveal your hand: if you did not reveal a throw card, you may take 1 throw with a printed difficulty of 5 or less from your discard pile and play it.

goes straight to the transitional playing zone, no need to be in the hand at all so ima say no. MAC cannot negate king

Lunatiq said:

I'm pretty sure the answer to this is no, but to make sure, basically would martial arts champion stop King's Form to get a card from his discard and play it. Im wondering if getting that card from your discard counts as drawing it or if at that point the card counts as going to your hand or if it completely bypasses that and goes straight to the field.

Martial arts champion- R commit: after a player plays a card or ability that will draw cards or add cards to their hand , negate the effects of that card or ability.

King F commit, reveal your hand: if you did not reveal a throw card, you may take 1 throw with a printed difficulty of 5 or less from your discard pile and play it .

You are not drawing cards or adding them to your hand so Martial Arts Champion cannot respond.

I figured as much, thanks.