2nd vs 3rd?

By DeepOneRisen, in Fury of Dracula

So, I am in possession of the 2nd edition and am wondering if there are any people out there who have experienced both the 2nd and 3rd edition and can make a recommendation for or against upgrading to the 3rd edition. With both birthday and Christmas coming up, I would like to know if the change is worth making, and where better to go for a trusted and consensus opinion from the masses than internet forums/message boards? Thanks!

Likewise. I love 2nd edition FoD (I also loved the 1st edition), but I don't get to play it very often. So while I'm curious about the new edition, it would have to something really special for me to consider it a worthwhile purchase.

I have played both, I picked up 3rd edition because I didn't own 2nd edition (my friends do) and I wanted my own copy. I think if you already have 2nd edition there is no reason to upgrade to 3rd edition unless you a total die hard fan. Both games are great and its true that 3rd edition is more streamlined, perhaps a bit quicker but in terms of experience its so similar I'm not sure I would have a preference for one or the other. I would happily play either version. I suppose given the choice I would rather play 3rd edition but its mostly because its the same experience but a bit quicker.

I'd be curious if you could identify the differences that make 3rd quicker. I'm not interested in buying 3rd as I own 2nd, but I am considering house rules for 2nd based on improvements made in 3rd.