New info from SDASU Podcast

By weaponxmerc, in Star Wars: Rebellion

This was posted over on the BoardGameGeek forums, but I figured I'd post it here, too. Apparently the guys from the Sit Down and Shut Up podcast got to play, and there's some good info about the game and how things like the hidden Rebel base works. Check it out!

http://www.shutupandsitdown.com/podcast/episode/podcast-35/

It's SU&SD.

How about a recap for those who hate listening to podcasts?

Well as the rebels you have a base chosen from a probe deck that has each planet. Your planet is removed from the deck and the empire draws one card each turn. Each card only tells them where you are not. For your base you have a board icon that holds all your fighters, troops, and reinforcements that are stationed at your hidden base. (This is the big planet icon in the corner of the map.)As the game progresses you have the option to re-locate your base. To win, empire must find the base, and rebels must complete (I think) 14 missions, which they are told by the cards they draw. (Each mission you do has a greater chance of success if the hero pictured on the card attempts the mission.) the game stacks with tier 1 missions, then 2, and finally tier three, which plays thematically as the game progresses. A lot of the rebel cards make use of the secrecy of the base, from what I understand.

Cards on the rebels include Han, Obi-wan, Mon Mothma, Wookie uprising on Kashyyyke, and other uprising cards.

Empire can subjugate one planet of its choice when it blows up a planet. Empire does not get full benefit of the planets resources when it subjugated any planet.

Building fighters and light troops take one turn. Larger items like the super star destroyer take more like three turns.

Sorry this is so scattered. I listened to the podcast then came right here to make notes.

It's SU&SD.

You're right, whoops.

Anyway, the bluffing aspect of the game sounds like a lot of fun, and the idea of missions that get bonuses if certain characters complete is really thematic.

Sorry this is so scattered. I listened to the podcast then came right here to make notes.

Not at all, sir! That's some great info, and it's very nice of you to type it all up for us! :)

I am interested in this game, a lot more now.

more, More, MORE!