New characters

By Vendark, in Talisman Home Brews

My compliments to you, Vendark (& also Ludo, among others) for all the new characters you've taken the time to create.

However, I've got a minor request for you (& anybody else who designs new character & Alternate endings), could you please (if you're using Strange Eons) also do character tokens & small alternate ending cards to go along with the full-size cards? It would greatly save me (& probably many others) time that could be put into playing instead of making up such.

Sacristian - The icons should be cards (either purchase or with unique back). That would free some text from the character as he has too much of it already.

My proposal:

SACRISTIAN

Strength 3, Craft 4, Fate *, Life 4

Start: Chapel, Alignment: Good

1. You begin the game with an Icon from the Icon deck.

2. Your fate value is equal to the number of Icons you have.

3. When you are about to pray, you may take an Icon card from the Icon deck instead.

4. After rolling the die when praying, you may add 1 to the score for each Icon you have.

5. If you start your turn on a draw cards space, you may end your turn to ensconce an Icon you have. Discard it and place a Chapel terrain card on your space.

Icon

Object

Trinket

If you are defeated in battle or psychic combat, you may discard Icon to change the outcome to a stand-off.

If your alignment would change, you can discard Icon to ignore the effect.

RAIDER

Looks like he would be a gigantic pain in the neck to play against. If raider wanted, he could do nothing else but harass other players, and there would be no escaping him, thanks to riding horse. PVP characters are fine, but this seems too much. My proposal:

my proposal:

Strength 4, Craft 2, Fate 1, Life 4

Start: Any Plains, Alignment: Evil

1. You begin the game with a Riding Horse from the Stables deck.

2. Whenever you roll two dice for movement, you may choose the result of only one of them. [so for example if you roll 3 and 5, you may move 3, 5 or 8 spaces]

3. Whenever you defeat another character in battle or psychic combat, you may take one of their Followers instead of normal reward.

4. Whenever you visit a Place, you may pillage it. Discard it and gain 2 gold.

5. Whenever you visit a denizen, you may also sell any of your Followers into slavery for a price of 2 gold each.

Edited by Bludgeon

BEGGAR

Again, too much text on the sheet.

Abilities should not require corner boards or other expansions to work, we can do better.

The picture doesn't really convey the idea of a beggar.

my take:

Strength 2, Craft 3, Fate 5, Life 4

Start: City, Alignment: Neutral

1. You begin the game with no gold.

2. You can beg . To beg, roll 1 die. If you roll below your current life, begging has no effect. If you roll equal to or above your current life, your begging has effect as noted below:

- Whenever you encounter another character and beg , they must give you one gold or one Object of their choice.

- Whenever you encounter a Denizen or a Stranger and beg , you gain 1 gold instead of resolving the card.

- Whenever encounter an Enemy or are attacked by another character and beg , you can evade it.

3. You may not beg on Crown of Command.

Sorry for the noob question. Are you using Strange Eons? Where have you found the pictures for characters?

Sorry for the noob question. Are you using Strange Eons? Where have you found the pictures for characters?

Yep Strange Eons (such a lovely program). I can not say where everyone else gets them but I look at deviantart.com and do Google searchers. I find searching for Pathfinder Character artwork works very well for Character art with no background (easy enough to cut with GIMP or photoshop).

Very nice creations!

By chance are any of these available as exports from Strange Eons that I may just download and import into the program/

Thanks for the kind words, Villin.

You mean as projects, I take it? I can look into sharing them that way in the future, but honestly I probably won't be getting to it very soon.