FFG is out of control

By gylvan2002, in Star Wars: Rebellion

Somebody needs to stop them. An intervention or something. Every freaking game they make i have to buy. Can't they just make a few real turds once in awhile? Something with really awful untested rules and overpriced like Zombicide or something.

I am sure Rebellion will be awesome too. I don't have enough time, or friends to play all these games. My poor wife is on gaming life support from dice burn and card shuffle paper cuts. I made a Chuck e Cheese size ball pit with all the little cardboard tokens, one of my friends jumped in and hasn't been seen since.

P.S. Will FFG take organs in trade for games?

LOL

Fortunately, FFG is no WizKids, games are good :)

But you're right on the time commitment. Choices, how hard they are.

Just the name "wizkids" gives me nightmares.

I disagree 100%. This is the exact game I have been patiently awaiting ever since they acquired the Star Wars license; that said though, I agree that many of their recent titles have been exceedingly tempting. The way I see it, you have three options:

Option #1: Get rich.

Option #2: Keep a record of each game announced that you are interested in; each quarter (or however often you make big game purchases), narrow down the list to the two or three you absolutely gotta have above all others.

Option #3: Join a gaming group. This saves a lot of time, money, and frustration, as you can try games others have purchased and see whether they are worth it before making the investment.

Just the name "wizkids" gives me nightmares.

You got it easy. They got me adicted to dice masters! Addicted I tells ya! Aahahhahaha! Brightly colored dice! ahahaha.. Ahem.

Hi. I'm Robin and I'm a dice addict...

LOL

Fortunately, FFG is no WizKids, games are good :)

But you're right on the time commitment. Choices, how hard they are.

They that bad?

Somebody needs to stop them. An intervention or something. Every freaking game they make i have to buy. Can't they just make a few real turds once in awhile? Something with really awful untested rules and overpriced like Zombicide or something.

There is that star wars (non living) card game that basically blackjack with star wars characters...Okay bad example.

How about that AGoT (non living) card game with photos from the tv series on it? Altough It's only bad when you compare it with the awesome LCG (both editions) Hmm that example isn't good either.

One of the Eldrith horror expansions didn't have a great old one as the main bad guy...No that doesn't work either.

Ok I give up FFG doesn't do bad games.

:D

Actually the x-com boardgame requiring an app, genuily dissapointed me tough. :angry:

I thought X-com was ok. I never got really into it. Wouldn't call it a flop though, as i'll probably bust it out again.

I like how FFG proves they do Star Wars table-top gaming better than everyone else . Like constantly poking fingers in Hasbro's eye while they re-theme the Queens Gambit and try to pass it off as a Risk game. Everyone knows FFG does it best.

You pay a lot, but it's worth it.

I like how FFG proves they do Star Wars table-top gaming better than everyone else .

To be fair, it's not like there is a lot of competition out there... Decipher is long gone and the closest SW game from another company out now is Loopin' Chewie. :)

Disguising queens gambit as risk was a nice move tough.

I'm all about IA, but X-Wing, Armada, and now Rebellion look awesome. My wallet can't resist firepower of this magnitude.

I'm hoping one of my gaming friends will pick up one of the other three games and run with it....

Yeah FFG don't make sh*t

Though even though i really want to, I'm not the greatest fan of xwing. It's like CheckYour6! with very much less depth (or one less axis, depending how you want to look at it)..

Doesn't hit the table near enough for the amount spent but YMMV

I've also been patiently waiting on something like this. I dabbled with the rpg briefly, steered clear of the LCG, x-wing and armada money pits, and Imperial Assault....well, I already own Descent. But now finally I feel like there's something I want to throw my money at. And now the wait. What a bunch of teases.

more, More, MORE!

X-Wing, Armada, EotE, AoR, FaD, Descent, IA, Samurai... I own them all!

I'll be adding Rebellion to that list as soon as it's available!

I showed a friend (who knows I'm an FFG slappy) those new dial protectors and colored bases for X-Wing, and he said, "Wow, FFG's just printing money, aren't they?"

I had to agree.