Necrons in the Koronus Expanse?

By Santiago, in Rogue Trader Gamemasters

Hi,

If you read the description of the planet Agusia (page 349) you might come to the conclusion that it might be a Necron Tomb World.

Yet what Tech-Priests have discovered is both wondrous and puzzeling: ornate sloping tomb-fanes, huge dormant prayer-mechanisms of a dozen varieties, mausoleums efficiently filled with stacked biers, walls of black-green metal set with intricate silver magnetic runes, ornate hololithic displays of abstract art somehow still active after millennia.

It does remind me of Necrons...

The black-green metal is kind of a give-away, yes.

I agree, a hint at Necrons. There is also a box that details the rumours of Chaos Space Marines within the Expanse.

Santiago said:

Hi,

If you read the description of the planet Agusia (page 349) you might come to the conclusion that it might be a Necron Tomb World.

Yet what Tech-Priests have discovered is both wondrous and puzzeling: ornate sloping tomb-fanes, huge dormant prayer-mechanisms of a dozen varieties, mausoleums efficiently filled with stacked biers, walls of black-green metal set with intricate silver magnetic runes, ornate hololithic displays of abstract art somehow still active after millennia.

It does remind me of Necrons...

I have also read this and i agree, thats sounds much like necrons, i has also thinking of starting a campaigen down there, where the pc will get a hint of a old Relic of a lost Rouge trader Dynasty to be found there. So my players ( Hopefully ) going to take of and lead a Expedition down there. If there abit lucky they gonna find the artefact. The atrefact is a black block with some kind of Xeno Language. Now to the way out, and ofc they gonna be chased by some Necrons or something like that, But here is the Problem, I would like to have a whole tomb to start chaseing them out of there, but the problem is that the necrons arent that weak and if im going to set them upo against 10-20 and maby a wraith to, they probely not Going to suvire, so if any one could help me with my Problem please do ;D

Mashman said:

Santiago said:

But here is the Problem, I would like to have a whole tomb to start chaseing them out of there, but the problem is that the necrons arent that weak and if im going to set them upo against 10-20 and maby a wraith to, they probely not Going to suvire, so if any one could help me with my Problem please do ;D

They have a ship with thousands of red shirts aboard. Ablative armour can really help here, especially if this is later in the game when several of the NPCs have identities. It works for Abnett in the Gaunt's Ghosts series, and with a little investment, you can make it work for your PCs too.

Mashman said:

I have also read this and i agree, thats sounds much like necrons, i has also thinking of starting a campaigen down there, where the pc will get a hint of a old Relic of a lost Rouge trader Dynasty to be found there. So my players ( Hopefully ) going to take of and lead a Expedition down there. If there abit lucky they gonna find the artefact. The atrefact is a black block with some kind of Xeno Language. Now to the way out, and ofc they gonna be chased by some Necrons or something like that, But here is the Problem, I would like to have a whole tomb to start chaseing them out of there, but the problem is that the necrons arent that weak and if im going to set them upo against 10-20 and maby a wraith to, they probely not Going to suvire, so if any one could help me with my Problem please do ;D

Don't use Necrons as an army. Use them as the space undead they fundamentally are - survival horror. Necrons are powerful and implacable, and if played correctly, can be utterly terrifying to face. It takes a deft hand to run a horror game of any kind - you have to unnerve the players as much as their characters - but Necrons (along with Tyranids and Dark Eldar) are great antagonists for survival horror style games.

Also remember that, especially when newly-awakened or frequently-resurrected, Necrons tend not to be particularly imaginative or intelligent. Their leaders are a different matter, but their leaders may also have agendas to fulfil that may find it more fitting for the group of human tomb robbers to leave scared but essentially unscathed so as to set in motion some other event (perhaps the device is a key to awakening other Tomb Worlds, and upon inspection by its 'liberators' contains ancient and extremely detailed star charts of a number of nearby regions.

Killing player characters is too easy. Making them suffer long-term is the true core of the GM's art.

Yeah you Right, I also got a new idear, maby instead of sending alot of warrior maby so send a wraith or 2 after them i got the idear of the got chased by the wraith and then when then they finaly killed suddenly another one just pops up when they just standing breathing over the first one.

I also thought it maby could be something more like a flayed one but i came with the conclusion that the wraith was better, but would also just hear what you was thinking ?

I'm starting to branch off (I started with the two canned adventures) into technoarcheology as the theme of my campeign, heading in the direction of the party being caught in a showdown between a silica animus that controls a powerful relic of the Dark Age, the astra caminus , and the Necrons.

Assuming i got the latin right... well... you can guess what that relic does...

Nice one. And don't forget...

N0-1_H3r3 said:

Killing player characters is too easy. Making them suffer long-term is the true core of the GM's art.

And a great GM indeed is one who can make his or her player characters suffer without the enemy even touching them.

Wilfred Owen said:

N0-1_H3r3 said:

And a great GM indeed is one who can make his or her player characters suffer without the enemy even touching them.

To do that I usually put them in a social situation with big sharks...LOL

Have they got friggin' laserbeams? You know most sharks can't accomplish much without the 'friggin' laserbeams' upgrade...

No, just more thrones... :P

Santiago said:

Wilfred Owen said:

N0-1_H3r3 said:

To do that I usually put them in a social situation with big sharks...LOL

I just played with my players where i sat them in a Sitaion, where they want to buy a treasure map from this noble guy but he want a starship for it (my players made a really good roleplay and really good point how they got they second starship), my players still dont know if they shall buy it or not, if they buy they going to follow the map find nothing but i hope one them keep the map because its a chaos relic, and is also coming into the play with the necron i will try to explain my campaigen in another topic.