No legal runner deck in Data and Destiny

By Marinealver, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

So out of curiosity I wanted to see if you could make a legal runner deck with only cards from the Data & Destiny, much like how each other deluxe expansion pack had a runner and corp deck.

So I took each ID and their cards and started to fill their influence up starting with the lowest influence card cost from all the other runner IDs, By the time I filled 25 influence on each ID I was 2 cards short from minimum deck size.

It was like each runner ID was designed to have a restriction that prevented from reaching minimum deck size. Apex could not use non virtual resources, Adam had 3 cards removed from their card pool for the directive ability. And Sunny had a minimum deck size of 5 cards more.

http://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/26089/all-data-all-destiny

Apex CAN include non-virtual resources, it just can't install them AS resources. They can be installed face-down. Awful deck, but legal!

Edited by CommissarFeesh

http://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/26089/all-data-all-destiny

Apex CAN include non-virtual resources, it just can't install them AS resources. They can be installed face-down. Awful deck, but legal!

I stand corrected :unsure:

Yup so Apex would be the only runner that can have a deck from the box. It would just not be a good one nor newbie friendly enough to suggest. ;)

Edited by Marinealver

The Deluxe-only sample decks have always been poo.

What about in comparison with the starter decks?

What about in comparison with the starter decks?

Horrible. Just horrible. The Core starter decks are orders of magnitude more playable.

If installing a card is a click

AND

Apex has the ability to install runner cards facedown

CAN you WHEN playing as Apex take an click to install any/all cards from hand facedown (at the normal rate of one card per click)? Can you do this as ANY runner? (trash installed cards like Aesop's could make "temporarily worthless cards" do something useful.)

Edited by Bolfry

Apex's text:

You cannot install non- virtual resources.

When your turn begins , you may install 1 card from your grip facedown.

So, no, you cannot install facedown cards as a Click Action as Apex, or any other runner.

As far being useless, their use is to provide fuel for cards which trash installed cards as a cost. Aesop's Pawnshop and Chop-bot are two outside of Apex, and within Apex: Endless Hunger, Heartbeat, Prey, and (peripherally) Wasteland.

Edited by Grimwalker