The City Movement Question

By Odinsson, in Talisman Rules Questions

Ok, so from The City Rulebook:

If a character or card on a street space is instructed to move clockwise, it must move to the next street space by following the direction indicated by the arrows on each street space. If a character or card on a street space is instructed to move counterclockwise, it must move to the previous street space by moving against the direction indicated by the arrows on each street space

What it doesn't say is what happens when a card/character on a shop space is instructed to move. I would assume if first leaves the shop into the street space, then moves clockwise/counterclockwise as appropriate. Thoughts?

The reason I'm asking is I think there's a bug in the newly released City expansion in the Digital Edition and I wanted to get some other input before submitting a bug.

Here's what happened:

1. I get lucky enough to roll an Alchemist on my 1st play with City in DE :D , Go directly to armory and get a Flail

2. I'm in the Rogue's Guild when my wife casts Gust of Wind on me :(

3. I roll double 1s and my Flail blows away.

What I expected - Flail moves one space out of the Rogues Guild to the street, then 5 spaces clockwise to the Town Square.

What happened - Flail moved 6 spaces "clockwise" through the shops and lands in the Jail :blink:

So, does this sound like a rules bug to you guys?

It should follow the arrows (to the street space outside the shop) and then follow the rules for being on a street space.

Here's what happened:

1. I get lucky enough to roll an Alchemist on my 1st play with City in DE :D , Go directly to armory and get a Flail

2. I'm in the Rogue's Guild when my wife casts Gust of Wind on me :(

3. I roll double 1s and my Flail blows away.

What I expected - Flail moves one space out of the Rogues Guild to the street, then 5 spaces clockwise to the Town Square.

What happened - Flail moved 6 spaces "clockwise" through the shops and lands in the Jail :blink:

So, does this sound like a rules bug to you guys?

There's surely a bug here, maybe more. Maybe you have also mixed some space names in your explanation.

Since Gust of Wind says that the Objects are blown 6 spaces "clockwise", the Flail should have moved from Rogues' Guild to the street space Thieves' Alley, then following the arrows it should have gone towards North Side Alley, finally landing on City Gate.

If you reported everything correctly, then the DE makes not less than 3 errors:

1) Shop spaces can only be entered from the adjacent street space. Cards and characters should not move from shop to shop.

2) "Clockwise" means following the arrows, so the Flail should have gone in the opposite direction

3) Jail space cannot be entered by normal movement. Only characters can enter there, and this happens only when they're thrown in Jail. Cards cannot be moved on the Jail space.

Oh good call guys, don't know why I temporarily forgot which direction the arrows point in the city. Yeah I'm definitely going to submit a bug report.

I have seen something like this happen to me; one time an effect blew something INTO a shop on its last "clockwise" move, from Town Square right into the Soothsayer.

The Reaper on the other hand is another matter!