Newbie Seeking Opponents

By Panzer68, in Arkham Horror League

Just joined, am from the UK, and am contemplating buying ARKHAM HOUSE. However, as I have no opponents in my area, I was wondering if it is possible to play this game online agains a live opponent?

I hate playing solo, so would love to make some new friends and opponents here!

Please contact me if you are interested in playing any games against me, board games or computer games.

Thanks

FuryofDracula

Merseyside

UK

www.trueghoststories.co.uk

im sorry but I dont believe you are able to play this game online. In general I believe Fantasy Flight does not license any of their games for online play.

And it's a cooperative game so "Opponents" isn't the word to describe other players.

Veet said:

And it's a cooperative game so "Opponents" isn't the word to describe other players.

Hey, if they don't follow my plan and we lose the game, opponents is the correct term. Crazy people going off-script gran_risa.gif !

Dam said:

Veet said:

Hey, if they don't follow my plan and we lose the game, opponents is the correct term. Crazy people going off-script gran_risa.gif !

I believe the politically correct term for them is Other Crazy People ;')

Wasn't there a group on the old forums (two year ago+) that played a game via the forums. IIRC, they each had a copy of the game setup, and one person moderated it. They let the other players know what gates opened where, where clues appeared (and were picked up or lost), etc. Probably played the same way some of those old chess and pbm games were played, I imagine. Sure, alot of work, but something like this can be done again.

There were a couple people playing by skype not too long ago too.

Veet said:

There were a couple people playing by skype not too long ago too.

;')

you know, this actually sounds promising. why hasn't anyone tried to set something like this up again lately. Personally, i lack everything but the base set (even though i did just get my first expansion that should be arriving any day now, yay me!) but i'd love just to follow a game with that much scope.