At the Edge Challenges

By YOle, in Black Crusade Game Masters

Hello, guys!

I know this might not be appropriate here since I'm not the GM of the game in question, but I wasn't sure about where else to put it.

Our group is currently playing through the 'At the Edge' adventure and we have finished the first two challenges somewhat successfully. Our next challenge is the challenge of carnality and it has us, as players, in a bit of a stump. Now, we all agreed that we don't want to make it a sex-a-thon so we're looking around for other good ideas to represent this challenge. We were talking about making and using some drugs to achieve some sort of expanded sensory overload but, according to the GMs interpretation, that would fall under the realm of gluttony and not carnality itself. Discussing other ways to achieve an extreme state of sensory receptiveness we thought about starving/thirsting ourselves to the extreme but such denial is opposite to all Slaanesh represents. Now I come to you, asking for some fresh ideas, since we seem to be out of such. Have you run/played 'At the Edge' before? What were your experiences?

P.S. Since were looking at the other 3 challenges(Paramouncy, Vainglory, Indolency) after this one any ideas for them would be welcome too.

For carnality the characters could try to dance to some slanneshi demon-music....and/or dodge the sonic waves...

We ran it as a dance-till-you-drop ritualistic dance where each "contestant" was given a blade and was only allowed to touch another dancer with their weapon once.

The music would not stop until everyone did and those that stopped early, well, they stopped moving permanently. ;)

e.g. Last man standing wins.

Edit: Clever uses of Acrobatics, key moments (read: choices) during the dance, and lots of extended tests were made.

Edited by Keffisch

I just ran this adventure and for this particular one they put up their new NPC (khorne chosen) Given that it was an NPC on an email adventure I kept it simple. First round was an escalating series of athletic checks (Olympics meets sadistic game show!).

The final round against the champion was resolved with a simple D10 high roll wins. Fluff wise they had to "service" a series of pleasure slaves with the last one being a daemonette. Since the khorne marine rolled higher, i wrote up the synopsis as "using the high from decapitating each slave as he finishes to get him through the next one". Then to avoid all the teeth and claws of the daemonette he had to knock it out first before getting it done.